Builder's Paradise

by Christhesith
Builder's Paradise
A building-based game with many features. Great for chatting with friends, RPing, sharing icons, sending files, and much, much more!
ID:86745

Ah, hello, viewers of my blog. Today I am going to do a review of the game Builder's Paradise by Christhesith and Ganing.

Gameplay:
Not much different from other icon games. You can chat, build, and show off your icons. Something new about this game was the ability to train your building skill. You don't start out knowing how to build everything, and I think this is neat, because it will require devotion to your building. I give it a 6, because this has been done many times before.

Presentation:
One thing about the skin. Ew. When I logged in, I found a screaming lime-green blaring at me, and in big letters was the standard login. This could be fixed by simple skin editing...But I hated it...Also, the buttons on the skin are all scattered instead of neatly organized.
This can be shown in the screenshots.

Originality:
Like I said, this has been many times before...but yes, alot of different things in this game. The start area seems alot like Icon Ultimas...

Overall:
Eh, its an OK game...I am a critic, of course I give bad reviews...but its to fix the problems. I hope the developers do read this and decide to fix this.

6/10

Review by LifeGod of Generation Corporation.
You don't seem to be very good at writing DESCRIPTIVE reviews going more in-depth into gameplay than how the interface and graphics look like. A good game could be hidden by the fact its graphics suck. However, you're better than the lot of "reviewers" that use only 1-3 sentences to either negatively or positively describe a game.
the interface is extremely shitty and ugly (which you yourself pointed out) yet you gave it an 8/10?

also, you rated this game way too high in general. it doesn't even really qualify as a game
Builder's Paradise? Perhaps, something akin to Builder's Fantasy? First thing I thought of, then I saw that the creator was under a different name.
DivineTraveller wrote:
Builder's Paradise? Perhaps, something akin to Builder's Fantasy? First thing I thought of, then I saw that the creator was under a different name.

Doubt it, Turo never even heard of Builders Fantasy whenever I mention it to him. He made it while thinking of Icon Ultima. Christhesith has a new key now, which is why I address him as Turo.
Yes the login is ugly, still working on the GFX for it, but hey, at least the login is different than all these other games that use the standard title screen login.
This game is a sad attempt at remaking Icon ultima.

Mobius' hadouken verb which he uses to terrorize players sometimes is also on Builder Paradise.

Telepoints..Icon Ultima..

Start Area Looks like Icon Ultimas to..

This game just sucks. O_o
Riku 123q wrote:
This game is a sad attempt at remaking Icon ultima.

Mobius' hadouken verb which he uses to terrorize players sometimes is also on Builder Paradise.

Telepoints..Icon Ultima..

Start Area Looks like Icon Ultimas to..

This game just sucks. O_o

We aren't remaking Icon Ultima, and we have more than just a Hadouken. We have that thing that fires his lazer!

But still I find it funny how you criticize. You don't go to a review of a DBZ game and go "LOL GOKU...DBHU...".
so by that analogy ganing, you admit that your game is directly intended to be an emulation of Icon Ultima?
Zaole wrote:
so by that analogy ganing, you admit that your game is directly intended to be an emulation of Icon Ultima?

No, I'm just saying, why can't we have something that they do?
Well to be honest. I think Builder Paradise sucsk period. 0/100. It is postedon Rip nation's guild for being a rip game. The icons are from Teka's mass icon pack. The codes are just libray codes. To be honest, I am qutie dissapointed with ganing's works. All of hsiworks are half complete. I mean whats the point of makign so many half ass games. I woudld rather to stick to oen comeplte game where its actually fun.
Axl 1 wrote:
Well to be honest. I think Builder Paradise sucsk period. 0/100.

You can't even spell the games name right, why do you even try?

It is postedon Rip nation's guild for being a rip game.

It's not a rip, genius.

The icons are from Teka's mass icon pack.

SOME of the icons are from Teka's Mass Icon Pack. Some were created by Christhesith. Some were taken from Lummox Jr's libraries. Is that a problem?

The codes are just libray codes.

Tsk, Tsk. They aren't library codes. I coded most of it all myself. Some are from Lummox Jr. But that is it.

To be honest, I am qutie dissapointed with ganing's works. All of hsiworks are half complete. I mean whats the point of makign so many half ass games. I woudld rather to stick to oen comeplte game where its actually fun.

That is you. You would rather stick to one complete game. But me, I like to branch out. I don't make games to create complete, great games for BYOND, I make them just for fun. When the fun turns into work, I quit. I don't need another job.

Also, I recommend Mavis Beacon.
Axl 1 wrote:
Well to be honest. I think Builder Paradise sucsk period. 0/100. It is postedon Rip nation's guild for being a rip game. The icons are from Teka's mass icon pack. The codes are just libray codes. To be honest, I am qutie dissapointed with ganing's works. All of hsiworks are half complete. I mean whats the point of makign so many half ass games. I woudld rather to stick to oen comeplte game where its actually fun.

For one, GRAMMAR LAD. MY EYES.
For two, Developous syndrome.
DivineTraveller wrote:
Axl 1 wrote:

For one, GRAMMAR LAD. MY EYES.
For two, Developous syndrome.

Wait wait wait Divine Traveller, I'm going to let you finish just hear what I have to say. Developous was the best programmer of all time. OF ALL TIME. Just look at his games, fully functional and require almost no thought to play.
Speaking of which, this review is now old. I suggest updating it =P
Wait wait wait Divine Traveller, I'm going to let you finish just hear what I have to say. Developous was the best programmer of all time. OF ALL TIME. Just look at his games, fully functional and require almost no thought to play.

Fail.
1) Time hasn't ended.
2) There are more than 6 billion (6,000,000,000) people in the world and a good few are programmers.
Have you personally seen and compared all of their potentials/abilities against Developous?
3) If a game requires no thought to play, then it's a game that shouldn't be played. Mindless video games are a waste.
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:

Fail.
1) Time hasn't ended.
2) There are more than 6 billion (6,000,000,000) people in the world and a good few are programmers.
Have you personally seen and compared all of their potentials/abilities against Developous?
3) If a game requires no thought to play, then it's a game that shouldn't be played. Mindless video games are a waste.

You don't interact socially with people often, do you? If you did you would be able to tell what sarcasm is and maybe even know about the Kanye West ordeal. Kind of where this sarcastic joke stemmed from.
Mareth wrote:
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:

Fail.
1) Time hasn't ended.

You don't interact socially with people often, do you? If you did you would be able to tell what sarcasm is and maybe even know about the Kanye West ordeal. Kind of where this sarcastic joke stemmed from.

That doesn't mean the joke wasn't retarded, stemming from an overused meme that no one can shut the hell up about, because ITS SO GREAT!!! LOLOL!
..THAT. was sarcasm.
DivineTraveller wrote:
Mareth wrote:
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:

Fail.
1) Time hasn't ended.

That doesn't mean the joke wasn't retarded, stemming from an overused meme that no one can shut the hell up about, because ITS SO GREAT!!! LOLOL!
..THAT. was sarcasm.

But still, none of this has nothing to do with the post...
Zaole wrote:
the interface is extremely shitty and ugly (which you yourself pointed out) yet you gave it an 8/10?

also, you rated this game way too high in general. it doesn't even really qualify as a game

Have you played this game? Then shut up.
Page: 1 2