ID:868355

Well recently I've made the decision that I will be upgrading my hand held devices. Now before anybody says anything, lets get 1 point clear. I already have an iphone 4 and am not looking for anything of that sort. What I am debating between is the Playstation Vita and the Nintendo 3DS. I am only willing to get *1*. Before I say anything I will say what I will be getting with either choice.

PS VITA
Playstation Vita Wifi ($250)
32GB Memory Card ($80)
1 Game aprox.($50)

TOTAL $380

3DS
Nintendo 3DS XL ($200)
32GB SD Card(on sale) ($26)
1 Game aprox. ($40)

TOTAL $266

(That is what I would be getting, no exceptions.)

Now would appreciate it if you would tell me which would be the better option. Though first I will say this.

I DO NOT have a ps3
I DO have a Wii
(and i own both the original DS & games, AND the orignal PSP & games)

Now please rate either choice with these 3 categories.

PRICE(you know what this is)
PERFORMANCE(battery life, quality, backwards computability)
GAMES(exclusives)

<----UPDATE---->
I added the size & cost of a SD card for 3DS

(Btw)
What titles would even be worth getting? Now to make it fair lets its November and assassin's creed 3 is just out. Whats worth getting? Sly Cooper & assassin's creed are a must, but thats only 2 vs Nintendo's (not even anounced) Super Smash bros, Mario land 3D, New Super Mario bros 2, Mario Kart, Zelda, Kingdom Hearts (and those are only the ones that I have actually played (except kingdom hearts) )
Price: Lol...
The 3DS is smaller when folded. but the PSP Vita doesn't need to be folded. The screen of the 3DS is more protected.
The 3DS weighs less.
The Vita has much more processing power than the 3DS does.
The Vita has better graphics.
3DS-128 MB of RAM Vita-512 MB of RAM (Vita=4 3DS's in RAM)
The 3DS has 2GB of internal storage, as the Vita has none.
PS Vita Cards (External Space) is pricey compared to the SD card.
Vitas offer 3G Wifi (Must be Purchased)
Battery power can last 3-5 hours without charge on BOTH.
Both have 2 0.3 MP cameras.
The 3DS has full support with (almost) all physical copies of DS, and DSi games. For the PS Vita, you won't be able to use PSP physical games.
The Vita has a touchpad on the back, used for complex games.
The Vita is set towards hardcore gamers, while the 3DS attracts the younger community.

Well I do have another question, (this is focused towards the 3DS). Asuming I bought a SD card (which would have PLENTY of room) Is there a way for me to get the actual GAMES themselves (not just the saves) from the Nintendo DS (NOT 3ds) onto the SD card, so i don't have to carry them around (and ds games are only like 128MegaBytes @ MOST so they are tiny)? Has this even be considered reasonable? Is it legal?(I'd asume it would be sense i get the game off the cartridge that *I* own)
Alright I'm lost, give tell me what's the difference.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000I10PY2/ ref=dp_olp_collectible?ie=UTF8&condition=collectible

Amazon is taking the DS Lite in Onyx Black, and there is a "collectabe" version of it? What's so special, I mean half of the entries say they come with the box, manual, and other original stuff but that's about it. And they mention that it's scratched, meaning that it WAS used a least a little. What is so significant about it? (I ask this because I have a the same model DS that has all of the original packaging, and i mean EVERYTHING, and i Do not want to sell for (much) less than it's worth)
People usually purchase "collectible" items and keep them in the best condition possible so they can make money later. It's very similar to keeping a car until it becomes a classic - the car's price automatically goes up, even more so if it is in good condition, even MORE so if you have the original paint on it (Not the original paint itself, but the default type of paint. Obviously repainting a car is going to be necessary if you use it for 20 years), and so on.
Technically getting a nintendo game you already own in a "rom" type format isn't illegal if you can produce a receipt proving that you do in fact own the game.

I guess it could be classified as a digital backup.

If you are planning on selling the games those backups would then be illegal I assume as you no longer hold ownership of them.
Well that all makes fine sense, but what is the difference between the standard and the collectible? In the post on amazon they talk about it having the manual, the box, and so on. But it never says it's the "limited edition" version, is it just the plain old hardware just in very nice condition? (not unopened but looks almost exactly like it?)
In response to Huntsman06
Yes. The "collectible version" is just someone trying to make a few extra dollars. 3DS's aren't old enough to be collectible and therefore shouldn't charge extra. Buy a standard one for the better price.
I'm waiting at least until the 3DS XL is out and then probably about a month after. Nintendo is famous for releasing something else right after a big name release.
I have a 3DS and the only thing I have to complain about it is the game selection. I have currently the only two games I deem worthy of buying, Legend of Zelda : Orcarina of Time, and Resident Evil Revelations. The graphics are superb on RER, almost like I was playing it on a 360. I'm hoping as it get's closer to the holidays better games will release, but I would probably hold off until the selection does have more variety.
This entire thread is very informative. I was also wondering along the lines of the same thing. Thanks for posting this.
Really? Nintendo has always been great about getting the game selection. Mario Kart 7, (Confirmed)Super Smash Bros, Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario 3D Land, and Zelda Ocarina of Time. Those are just the big-name Nintendo Titles. Unless you blow through a game in a few days (as in you've done everything, and are tired of it) You should have plenty to do.