ID:870509

Resolved
BYOND Version:496.1144
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 22.0.1201.0
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
After doing a replace all after the Line Numbers update (496.1144), the code editor does not update properly, leaving artifacts from the before-replace version. Clicking on the line updates ONLY that line. Select+ALL will update the entire thing. Scrolling left and right/up and down updates part of the window, the part that is obscured by the scrolling, still leaving artifacts from before the replace all.

This bug occurs with both line numbers toggled on and off.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Create environment with lots of something (slashes? keywords?)
2. Replace all instances of that something with something else
3. It doesn't update update
4. Click on line to update it, or scroll bar around.

Expected Results:
The code editor to automatically update after a replace/all.

Actual Results:
The code editor takes the appearance of what it looked like before the replace all, until you force it to update by clicking, scrolling, or select ll.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.
On other computers? Yes, verified by user Keeth.

When does the problem NOT occur?
No idea, I did come across a time when it didn't happen, once. But it only didn't happen once, so I have no clue what caused it to work.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? It's only occurred in this version.

Workarounds:
Select + ALL updates the entire editor.
I found one problem which wasn't related to the line numbers (so it should have shown up in the last version, I think). It only applies to the "this file" case. I just reuploaded the 1144 since it was such a trivial change so try that out and let me know if that fixes the issue.
Yep, everything seems to be fine now.
Tom resolved issue
Hm. This seems to be happening again. In the latest 496.1144 build, and in the 496.1145 build.
Huh, I have no idea how that happened but somehow my change got backtracked out. I'll figure out what's up and upload a new build shortly.

[Edit] Done -- just redownload 496.1145 for the fix.