ID:87094

Keywords: google, search, twitter
Bing's immense marketing push may have many worried for Google's future. But Google's got it covered.

The new Real-Time Search feature introduced early this morning in most USA markets and being pushed out abroad gives you a whole new view on search.

Instead of searching for a term and getting static results, you're now presented with a small box with a live feed of happenings - including new site postings, Twitter updates, and press releases.

The live feed provides an interesting view on the web, I wasted 5 minutes just watching the feed for Tiger Woods (as you can see) because of some of the hilarious Twitter comments coming by.

In addition to simply providing a live view, this also provides interesting opportunities for those looking to become a big hit on the web - you could be featured on this live feed. If your comment is captivating - you could get some click-through to your site.

All-in-all, I think this feature shows why Google will remain a technological superpower in today's computing world - they won't be rendered irrelevant. Their agility in quickly answering Bing with this powerful new feature is testament to that.
I wont support Bing simply because I think it's name is stupid. But I'm just a shallow person at heart.
Tiberath wrote:
I wont support Bing simply because I think it's name is stupid. But I'm just a shallow person at heart.

I'm with you there.
I don't think Bing's marketing push has anyone worried for Google.
Airjoe wrote:
I don't think Bing's marketing push has anyone worried for Google.

But Airjoe, they're the decision engine!
And it works! Bing helped me decide not to use Bing.
All comments up to this point are completely valid. The Bing commercials are the sort of thing that makes me want to throw a shoe at my TV.
IainPeregrine wrote:
All comments up to this point are completely valid. The Bing commercials are the sort of thing that makes me want to throw a shoe at my TV.

Including mine about not supporting something simply because I think it's name is stupid?
Tiberath wrote:
Including mine about not supporting something simply because I think it's name is stupid?

Yes. When stupid crosses the line into annoying, or when stupid interrupts your TV program to yell all sorts of crap while staring blankly into the distance. Marketing / Branding Fail.
Wait, you actually get advertisements about search engines? The worst we get for internet sites is the occasional BS site that says it can fix your all problems with your computer, download it's free software to diagnose your computer, then pay for the software to fix it. Of course, you just know it'll find something wrong with every computer.
Mostly just Bing. Microsoft has went on a huge marketing campaign, buying ads during pretty much all major shows. Back in the dotcom bubble days, Yahoo advertised a lot on TV, but after the bubble they pretty much stopped that. Google advertises on Hulu.com with commercial ads.
I don't think the ads are that bad, personally. Sure, they're ignorant to techies - but are they seriously trying to appeal to techies by advertising on prime-time TV? Not really.
Yahoo has done a few TV ads lately, I guess they are going to be restructuring the way Yahoo works.
Dude fix Survival:lost era because some of stuff does not WORK can't make because SO FIX THE G A M E