Or you could just turn it off instead of setting its colour ....
Well, yeah, but regardless you would still need to be able to set the highlight color, unless there's some special way of calculating it based on the base color. For example, if you have a white background, you will need a darker highlight color, and if you have a black background, you will want a lighter one, unless you just made it an exact grey, but I'm not sure how that would look. That wouldn't even work if the background color was somewhere in the middle.
In response to Multiverse7
You don't know much about computers, do you?
More than you will ever know...

Kumorii, I don't really know you, but I don't really like your pointless troll statement. There's no reason for that. You obviously don't understand what I was explaining here. If you must know, I wasn't even talking about switching the highlighting on and off. I was talking about people who like to use color schemes that are different from the default one. I suppose Tom could just make the highlight color adjust to whatever you set as the background, but I doubt that he wants to spend that much time on such a simple feature.
Ideally, it'd act like Embedded Expressions.
By default, strings are r0, g150, b180 (#0096b4) - but, embedded expressions halve each color value, and they become r0, g75, b90 (#004b5a). For something to become lighter, as demonstrated in the opening post, I'd assuming you'd multiple it by like 1.5

r0, g150, b180, original string color
r0, g75, b90, embedded (original * 0.5)

Now, if you were to use the original string color as the background, I'd think it'd look like this when highlighted:
r0, g165, b198, (original * 1.55)

The OP example uses r11, g22, b29 (#0B161D) as the background color, and r17, g34, b45, (#r11222D) as the highlighted line. Looks like it's a multiplier of around 1.55. Example:

mob/Login()
world << "Hello, World!"
..()

or with white background?
(255 * 1.55) - 255, I'd guess would be the proper way of getting that.
mob/Login()
world << "Hello, World!"
..()

It looks good if it'd be automatic, based on background.

Note to self: BYOND website does crazy things to HTML tables.
One month going on two, bump!
+1
+1
Still having strong desires and hope for this.
Cloud Magic wrote:
I for one don't want to see this feature. I dislike line highlighting, and think it would be a waste of time to be implemented. It's ugly and unnecessary.

Easily enabled / disabled. o.O
++
This has gotten like 2 pages of positive feedback. How much more is needed to get their attention so they will put it in?
Still getting bumps to this day.
Bump.
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
Bump.

Am I mistaking something? if I have "Show Lines" toggled in DM, and I click on the number it'll highlight the line for me? Isn't this what everyone is asking?
In response to Flysbad
Flysbad wrote:
Am I mistaking something? if I have "Show Lines" toggled in DM, and I click on the number it'll highlight the line for me? Isn't this what everyone is asking?

Well we have the functionality, just we want it to highlight the line when you click anywhere in the line, not on the number.
In response to A.T.H.K
In my opinion this would be redundant. Cause if you click anywhere within the line, and pressed a key you'd delete the whole line. What if you made a spelling error? I don't think you should be forced to click it twice to un-select the highlighting. I barely use the highlighting feature, and this would just be making things worst. Unless I'm not understanding something?
In response to Flysbad
You are a bit off, it wouldn't highlight the text, but the line so you know where the cursor is if your cursor is a different colour, as the original posts screenshot.
Bump
Bump again another useful feature that hasn't been added, highly doubt it'll be all that much effort..
Page: 1 2 3