ID:87252

Not a bug
BYOND Version:460
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Internet Explorer 8.0

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:I can't seem to access any world vars list.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:1.Create a new project.
2.Try and make it so you can set a world var editor.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
example is the following to show world vars for edit verb
mob
Login()
..()
for(var/a in world.vars)
src<<a

Expected Results:That it would work such as putting src.vars and src.client.vars does.

Actual Results:It does not do anything but create a runtime, I was trying to make a edit verb to edit things like maxx maxy, maxz, view, turf, area, etc...

Test.dm:4:error: world.vars: undefined var

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?Every Time
In other games?All Codes
In other user accounts?Yes
On other computers?Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?Always

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

I don't know, i've never tried before, but also, another thing is it doesn't show under client variables page it has a vars list on it, so i assumed the same was for world vars, where there is one, but it does not show it, so i tried, but it did not work.

Workarounds:none that i know of.

The vars list is not implemented for /world.
Maybe this could be changed, as, I seem to not be able to do world vars very easily, and there are many reasons for changing many of them, and typing each one in manually is a pain.
Create your own list, stop being lazy.
EX;
var/list/worldvars=list("address"=address, 
"area"=area,
"cache_lifespan"=cache_lifespan,
"contents"=contents,
"cpu"=cpu,
"executor"=executor,
"game_state"=game_state,
"host"=host,
"hub"=hub,
"hub_password"=hub_password,
"icon_size"=icon_size,
"internet_address"=internet_address,
"log"=log,
"loop_checks"=loop_checks,
"maxx"=maxx,
"maxy"=maxy,
"maxz"=maxz,
"mob"=mob,
"name"=name,
"params"=params,
"port"=port,
"realtime"=realtime,
"sleep_offline"=sleep_offline,
"status"=status,
"system_type"=system_type,
"tick_lag"=tick_lag,
"turf"=turf,
"time"=time,
"timeofday"=timeofday,
"url"=url,
"version"=version,
"view"=view,
"visibility"=visibility))
fuck dude, I know how to make my own list, but it's very long, and vars could get added in later on, I want there to be a built in vars list.
If you want there to be such a thing, post it in the features forum. This isn't the place to whine and cheese about stuff you want.
ur the one that is whining, i do whatever I want, u wont stop that, so quit crying that I posted in here after being told there is no such list.
I'm not the one whining. I tried to help you, you didn't want my help, maybe I would have been like, "...alrighty then" and continued on if you didn't respond to goddamn rudely.
Also, you don't do whatever you want.
You are restricted and controlled by the BYOND Admins.
I do WHATEVER I want, I don't care what the byond admins do, or try to do to stop me from staying around and doing that, but, I do WHATEVER I want, and will continue to do so.
That's why you've been forum banned, and I believed banned from this tracker before.
Continue "doing whatever you want", you'll see where that gets you.
I really dont care if it gets me banned, I will continue to do anything I want, so just stop arguing and fuck off.

BTW, i'm tired of this, so, I won't even bother saying anything more, because you're just wasting my time.
I'm not arguing.
Seriously, are you that ignorant that you can't see someone is trying to help you, out of all the people that will just ignore you because of your reputation as an idiot?
Your help is useless, I can't even post on those boards, so, it doesn't matter, and you list is a fucking piece of shit, nobody wants to use something so gay.
My help can fix your problem, my help is a workaround to your so-called bug report.
My list is epicness on all scales. I would use something so epic, however, I can see your idiocy is clouding your judgement.
thats a long list, it may work, but, it's a waste of space, I would need basically only maxx, mayy, and maxz for now, so, your just a fucking idiot urself thinking that is any real solution.

anyone can come up with a fucking work-around, but only byond can add something to their software.
It is a real solution.
BYOND can't add anything to their software. BYOND IS the software.

Your bug-report states there are no workarounds that you know of. The whole point of a work around is to give people who have the same problem an idea of how to fix it on their end, until a formal fix. Otherwise, that's the only thing you can do.
Make a list of the values you want to edit.
Learn to use associative lists and values.
Be Happy, wait for a formal fix.
DUDE, yours is not a real work-around for a list of things, as, it will not include anything added if byond updates their software, so, therefor, the list is useless, the vars list however in everything else will update itself if there becomes more vars to work with.
You realize, that you can edit lists forever, right? Yeah! Just keep updating it with whichever values you want.
Yeah, I could, or they could add the vars list in, and then I wont need to add to the list every time they decide to update and add something.
Chances are they add something to the list you might want to edit during runtime in an edit-like menu?
0%.
Page: 1 2