ID:873429

Applies to:

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I was thinking it would be cool if we could change all the colors in the IDE, like for the menu itself aswell.
This would be pretty awesome, although I don't see this as being a priority at the moment.
If they were to go that far, might aswell go for the gold and make the placements completely customizable aswell, like UE4 is implamenting. As displayed here.

Clearly byond wouldn't be that advanced, but being able to treat the IDE's interface like a skin would be terrific for me.
I believe there is more important things that could be fixed and/or worked on instead.
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
I believe there is more important things that could be fixed and/or worked on instead.

I agree, I don't think this feature would be widely used anyway it's a bit pointless..
I think people right now are perfectly happy with the current layout of things. Being able to change the layout would be a nice option, but most people are likely to just leave everything where it's at. That's what they're used too, and I don't see anyone really deviating from that layout dramatically even it it were customizable.
I agree it's not top priority, but it would be nice to customize all colors.
In response to Solomn Architect
I mean, it seems simple enough to implament when you think of it like a skin. But meh. It's far from needed. I'd like to see it at one point though.
In response to NNAAAAHH
NNAAAAHH wrote:
I mean, it seems simple enough to implament when you think of it like a skin. But meh. It's far from needed. I'd like to see it at one point though.

It wouldn't be just as simple.....
In response to A.T.H.K
I said seems simple enough. I know it isn't THAT simple. But it's no where near imposible. I wouldn't even really call it challenging to do.

But it's something that would take time to implament. I personaly think it's worth the time. But that's not up for us to decide, we aren't the ones implamenting features into BYOND.
Implement by the way just for the future :) no trying to be rude or anything.
I don't really care about changing the layout, but I would like to be able to change the colors of everything. Considering this effects the editors, too, this would probably be time consuming and tedious more so than difficult when it comes to implementing.

Now, while I do support the addition, I'm in no rush to get it. It's not important, just nice, and worth adding someday.