ID:87542

No, I'm not lying. Read the new version's release notes.
It works too! I uninstalled BYOND just to test it myself.
BYOND needs to make a I-touch application, so I can play it while away from computer.
Drehdog7 wrote:
BYOND needs to make a I-touch application, so I can play it while away from computer.

That's near impossible, just accept that it won't happen.
Yup, I know it's impossible.
Awesomez. :)
Good to hear. I see someone disabled their nay link.
Rip Nation wrote:
Good to hear. I see someone disabled their nay link.

Looks more like Candlejack attacked it.
Finally! This is such great news (I found out here, before I read into it more).

Already using it for my game's community.
Don't get your hopes up... The exe will still need to download the game's dmb and rsc files off the hub. -_-
Tom said ID:731539

Basically, if there is a byond installation folder (which is generally the folder installed to "Program Files/BYOND") in the same directory as the EXE, the EXE will use that version of byond.exe instead of the installed version. This means that a user doesn't have to have BYOND installed if your distributable ZIP includes this folder. In a nutshell, the process to create such a distributable is:

1) For project test.dmb: Make EXE... set the url to something like file://test.dmb##guest

2) Download the [zip] file from the BYOND download page and unzip it in your test/ directory. This should create a byond/ folder.

3) Package Files.. zip up test.exe, test.dmb, test.rsc, and the byond/ folder into test.zip.

4) Distribute test.zip to your friends and tell them to run the included test.exe. This will launch the local version of byond installed in step 2.

I will write a better tutorial for this in Dream Makers. In a future release we may also provide some convenience routines to package BYOND for you.
Hmm...
I tested file:// but it didn't work. Do you have to put the byond bin files in a preset directory?
Metamorphman wrote:
Hmm...
I tested file:// but it didn't work. Do you have to put the byond bin files in a preset directory?

Yes.

3) Package Files.. zip up test.exe, test.dmb, test.rsc, and the byond/ folder into test.zip.
Oh :o
I thought you could just package the bin files in the same directory as the exe, dmb and rsc...

This is great! dmb2exe is now OBSOLETE! :D
Yeah, it needs the default skin too so I figured it best to just package up the whole install directory.
Wouldn't you(the seeder) need to keep updating that exe's specific byond version? So that the version everyone else downloads (when they click that game link) never becomes outdated?
Yeah, currently it's just going to run whatever version of BYOND you distribute with your game. Although I figure if it works when you package it up, that gives insurance, since in theory a future BYOND might not work with your game.
Ohh. I see what you're saying. Nice, sounds good.
Now all we need is to change the shortcut icon :P
...what shortcut icon? o_O
Cause if you mean the icon of the exe, well, you can already do that.