There is an issue that happens only with entries that were previously downloaded/installed from the hub. If you uninstalled the game by hand (installed through the hub), then run the standalone executable that provides a way to install locally, it fails to display. There are two workarounds for this issue as will be explained in the workaround section.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Download a copy of SkyDrop Delivery - http://www.byond.com/games/Bandock/SkyDropDelivery
2. Run it at least once (should run automatically if you have the BYOND client).
3. Close the game.
4. Download and install the executable copy - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24250760/BYOND/ SkyDropDelivery_Install.exe
5. Run the executable at least once (usually done automatically).
6. Remove the game from the BYOND/MyHub directory (in this case, BYOND/MyHub/bandock/skydropdelivery).
7. Remove the executable game directory from BYOND/bin (in this case, BYOND/bin/bandock/skydropdelivery). (Optional, though recommended.)
8. Run the executable.
Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
Local game with a join button should show up (since the hub_local is provided along with a 'hub.zip' distro).
Local game fails to display (no join button either).
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Yes
In other games? Very likely.
In other user accounts? N/A
On other computers? Only happens to those who had the game installed through the BYOND client.
When does the problem NOT occur? If you have never installed the game from the hub or have not uninstalled the game if so.
Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.) N/A
Simply reinstall the game from the hub (due to the fact you do have a BYOND client installed in this case).
1. Remove the whole affected entry (For instance, find 'bandock.skydropdelivery') from the 'MyHub.txt' file.
2. Remove the game executable directory from BYOND/bin (in this case as mentioned above, BYOND/bin/bandock/skydropdelivery).
3. Run the executable. It will create a new entry in the 'MyHub.txt' file to fix it.
This issue only happens if you uninstalled the game previously by hand (only applies to installs from the hub). Does not happen if you have the hub copy still installed or if you never installed that copy to begin with.