ID:875599

BYOND Version:496
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 13.0.1
Applies to:BYONDexe

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
There is an issue that happens only with entries that were previously downloaded/installed from the hub. If you uninstalled the game by hand (installed through the hub), then run the standalone executable that provides a way to install locally, it fails to display. There are two workarounds for this issue as will be explained in the workaround section.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Download a copy of SkyDrop Delivery - http://www.byond.com/games/Bandock/SkyDropDelivery
2. Run it at least once (should run automatically if you have the BYOND client).
3. Close the game.
4. Download and install the executable copy - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24250760/BYOND/ SkyDropDelivery_Install.exe
5. Run the executable at least once (usually done automatically).
6. Remove the game from the BYOND/MyHub directory (in this case, BYOND/MyHub/bandock/skydropdelivery).
7. Remove the executable game directory from BYOND/bin (in this case, BYOND/bin/bandock/skydropdelivery). (Optional, though recommended.)
8. Run the executable.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
Local game with a join button should show up (since the hub_local is provided along with a 'hub.zip' distro).

Actual Results:
Local game fails to display (no join button either).

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Yes
In other games? Very likely.
In other user accounts? N/A
On other computers? Only happens to those who had the game installed through the BYOND client.

When does the problem NOT occur? If you have never installed the game from the hub or have not uninstalled the game if so.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.) N/A

Workarounds:
Workaround 1
Simply reinstall the game from the hub (due to the fact you do have a BYOND client installed in this case).
Workaround 2
1. Remove the whole affected entry (For instance, find 'bandock.skydropdelivery') from the 'MyHub.txt' file.
2. Remove the game executable directory from BYOND/bin (in this case as mentioned above, BYOND/bin/bandock/skydropdelivery).
3. Run the executable. It will create a new entry in the 'MyHub.txt' file to fix it.

This issue only happens if you uninstalled the game previously by hand (only applies to installs from the hub). Does not happen if you have the hub copy still installed or if you never installed that copy to begin with.

Can you explain what you mean by "by hand"? A proper uninstall should be done by going to My Hub | Edit... in the pager. Is that what you're doing, or is it something else?

Also, per what we discussed in the last case, I modified the install behavior of hub.zip so it would install in the exact same place the normal hub install would. They should be in sync now if you're using the very latest update. (To be sure, download a fresh copy of 496 and build your installer again.)

If there's still a problem, I'd like to see what your cfg/MyHub.txt and cfg/hub.txt entries look like for your game in both cases: hub install vs. your installer.
I completely forgot about that feature. That must be another reason why it gets screwy or messed up. What I meant by hand was delete the directory directly without using that feature (which I forgot that feature will remove the entries properly).

Thanks for reminding me about that feature. Guess I very rarely use it these days. I'll go ahead and rebuild the installer using the latest BYONDexe anyway.

Edit: I used the new version of BYONDexe and didn't really notice the additional directory provided in the zip. However, I have been getting it to work without it. Plus, the uninstall works nicely. All that is needed is a manual deletion of the entry's directory to allow a proper reinstall (such as BYOND/bin/author/game). This of course only happens if you used the executable at least once.