ID:877042

Keywords: corrupt, keytxt, password
Resolved
BYOND Version:496
Operating System:Windows XP Home
Web Browser:Firefox 14.0.1
Applies to:BYOND Pager

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary: When changing your password from the account management page while logged into the pager, You will be prompted by the pager to relogin. Upon doing so, the message "BUG: Unexpected reply received: Pager off." will appear, and an attempt to login with the pager will result in "Corrupt Key File!" being displayed (and deleting the key.txt file will result in "Unable to read key file")

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1) Login to the BYOND pager.
2) Change your password from the account management page on the website.
3) Wait a few seconds for the pager to acknowledge that your password has been changed.
4) Notice the message "BUG: Unexpected reply received: Pager off." appear.
5) Attempt to login to the pager with your new password.
6) Notice the "Corrupt Key File" error message appear. (File > Preferences > Advanced > Open user directory > Delete key.txt > Restart BYOND pager to correct the problem)

Expected Results: That the Key.txt file does not become corrupt upon changing your password.

Actual Results: Key.txt become corrupted when changing your password.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Everytime.
In other games? N/A.
In other user accounts? Yes.
On other computers? Yes.

When does the problem NOT occur? When the pager is not active.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? BYOND 493.1117 (One of the versions of BYOND 494 in the OLD folder may work. I was locked out of my account before I could test further.)

Workarounds:Close out of the BYOND pager before changing your password.

Lummox JR resolved issue
This will be fixed in 496.1145 which is going up shortly (it doesn't come up enough to bother with a new major version, I think). I believe the bug was introduced in one of the 494 builds in response to fixing a different bug.