ID:877191

Keywords: hosting
Ok i am trying to host this game but it seems no players can join, I have been to my router admin page on the prtforward part entered my ipv4 ip from ipconfig and opened ports 6000-6100 I just used name1 in the name part. then i went on dream daemon opened the correct dmb file entered lots of differant prts between those that i opened and still no one can join?? can somone tell me why this happens?

also i have allowed dream daemon and dream seeker and byond through my firewall aswell
Hi The master gem,

Its going to be important that you make a static IP instead of just using the one that Windows automatically chooses for you. This is because the one that Windows picks is liable to change at any given time.

Your also going to want to enter the static IP that you configure as the IP address in your router's port-forwarding configuration page (as I'm not familiar as to what IPV4 is in comparison to your local IP).

Can you also try configuring a single port at a time? Instead of going for 6000-6100, try making just the starting port the same as the ending port (6000-6000).

Also make sure that you have TCP selected as the protocol. UDP is also recommend by portforward.com to be forwarded, but I don't believe BYOND uses UDP.

There are still many other possibilities as to why this problem may be occurring, but making these changes will help to eliminate some possibilities.

Good luck!
i am start my dream daemon and open my game .dmb file and set my port 61 . after that i click on GO daemon show after my port no (X) Mark and after 2 or 3 seconds he show that mark (>). and game not run. also i have allowed dream daemon and dream seeker and byond through my firewall aswell.i Try Many Port no like 45 , 61 , 75 , 110 , 101 , and many more like that .
1 or 2 month ago my game run good but now not PLZ HELP :')
Hi Lovegames,

Your explanation of your problem is extremely difficult to read and understand. It also appears that your issue may not be the same issue that The Master Gem is having. I recommend that you create your own help topic clearly explaining your problem.

Good luck!
Alright ive got 2 ip adresses 1 from my ipconfig and 1 from my router status page which one do i enter on the static ip set up page wheere it says change the last number
The one your going to want to enter is the static IP that your computer/hosting machine is using. You should not enter the one that your router is using.
look like i still cant host, can you post a step by step like a checklist and i can mark off what ive done cause im sure ive done everything by now
Sure, If you post what version of Windows you are using, and what brand and the model number of your router, we can do that.
Windows 7, D-Link DIR-600
well im having a problem im using a westell 7500 gateway router from century link and so far i have made a portforward thing on my router and i set it to

Protocol Start Port End Port LAN Port Direction Port

tcp 10000 10000 NA out dst

and i set my ip as static i went in to cmd typed ipconfig got the IP Address and i shut off my firewall both the one on my computer and i put the one on my router to All traffic is allowed. and then i ran dream deamen and it says BYOND hub reports port 10000 can be reached by players. and i try from both this computer and my freinds computer and both say conection failed plese i have been trying to get this to work for like 3 months i will grearly apreasheat if you helped me thanks a million
i have ran a test and it seems it is letting all other people in but the ones that are using my Internet i just got new Internet so i have 2 Internet providers as of the moment and it lets me in if i am on my other Internet provider but if im on the one same Internet that is hosting it it will not let me on no mater what computer i use it will not let me on it just says connection failed
When you are using the same "internet connection" or router as the game being hosted you may have to use the internal ip address or LAN address on the pc it's being hosted on.

My router has this rule I can not access any computers on my router using the external IP.

tl;dr all the PC's on the same network as the game hoster use the internal IP address to login.
I did a basic port test on some other program and the port i open fails each time, how come i cant open a port
Sorry for the late reply Master Gem,

Anyways, the first thing you'll want to do is set up a static IP address.

To do this:

Go to Start > Type cmd into the search box > Press enter and the command prompt will open up.

Type in ipconfig/all > Write down the IPv4 address and the default gateway.

Then go to Start > Control panel > View network status and tasks > Change adapter settings > Right click the connected internet service > Properties > Single click Internet protocol version four(tcp/ipv4) > Properties.

Select use the following IP address > In the IP address box, enter the IP address you wrote down, only changing the last set of digits (You will need to know this one!) > Write down this IP address > Subnet mask should automatically fill out for you > Enter the Default gateway that you wrote down earlier > In the preferred DNS server box, enter you default gateway address in here as well > You can leave alternate DNS server box blank > OK > OK

Now check to make sure you can connect to web, if you can't, then something went wrong and you'll need to try again (You can check "obtain an IP address automatically" to connect to the internet if you can't get it to work, but you won't be able to host using this setting).

Once you do this, then you can follow the rest of these steps to set up your router.

Type 192.168.0.1 into your web browser search bar to be directed to your router's control page (Make sure you do this in Internet Explorer)

When prompted to login, enter admin as the username and the password is blank (just leave it empty). You should then be directed to the control page.

Click the Advanced tab at the top of the page

Select any blank entry and give it any name that you want (EX. BYOND1) > Leave application name blank > Type in your port into the section labeled "public port" and make the starting and ending port the same (EX.6000 ~ 6000) Change traffic type to TCP > Then enter the IP address that you set your computer for (The one that you made from the network protocol page, NOT the one you got from the ipconfig/all page) > Then type in your port into the section labeled "Private port" and make the starting and end port the same (EX. 6000 ~ 6000) > Then click save setting at the top of the page and confirm that your settings are set.

Please follow these steps closely, and if you run into any problems with them, let us know what step you got stuck on and what happened.

If you follow these all and you still can't host, Do you have more than one router/modem/wireless access point?

Good luck!
hey higotem i followed everything but at the part when u said

"Click the Advanced tab at the top of the page

Select any blank entry and give it any name that you want (EX. BYOND1) >"

i couldnt find any blank entry things on the advanced page

Hi TrunkzzReborn,

The part that you're getting hung up at is specific to The Master Gem's router model and brand. As they specified in post #8, they are using a D-Link DIR600 router, and your router is most-likely different.

You should be able to find your router on portforward.com along with a guide for port-forwarding BYOND's Dreamseeker host. If your having troubles following or finding the guide, you can post your router brand and model here as The Master Gem did, and we can help you further.

Good Luck!
ok thanks :)
BYOND hub reports port 49300 cannot be reached by players.