ID:8915

Keywords: software
(Windows update) (notes) (Unix versions)

Version 348.905 is the fifth beta of BYOND 3.5. This version fixes several bugs and improves the way that the pager communicates with the BYOND hub. Everyone who is using BYOND 3.5 Beta 4 now should upgrade immediately.

Because Beta 4 has many bugs in its player location reporting, we will disable all hub access for that version in a few days. It is important for everyone using Beta 4 to upgrade now so that player locations will be reported properly to the hub. Once Beta 4 is disabled, you will get a message advising you to upgrade to Beta 5. All other hub communication from that version will be rejected.

See the notes for a full list of changes. Please post thorough bug reports in the Bug Reports forum, and general discussion in the comments for this blog.
yay new update at this rate 4.0 cant be that far away!
Misinformation on the news:
"February 16, 2006: BYOND 3.5 Beta 5 (Version 348.905 - notes) has been released. Get it here."

The date isn't right. :P
From the notes:

If the pager can't contact the default hub address, it will now try an alternate address. If the alternate address works, it will use that for subsequent sessions as long as it continues to work. Note that this occurs only when the Hub Address preference is left empty (Preferences -> Advanced -> Hub Address).

Just out of curiosity, what is that alternate address?
Popisfizzy wrote:
The date isn't right.

That's nothing. Once we perfect this time travel technology, we're going to release 4.0 on March 21, 2002. That way it'll only be a little bit late!

Crispy wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what is that alternate address?

hub.byond.com:20002

Same machine, different port. We found that some ISPs like to block the default port of 6001. Of course, if you manually enter either the primary or alternate address into your preferences, the pager will not try both. The preference has to be blank, as the notes say.
Host visibility setting fix! Woohoo! =)
"That's nothing. Once we perfect this time travel technology, we're going to release 4.0 on March 21, 2002. That way it'll only be a little bit late!"

Out of curiosity, when was 4.0 initially scheduled for release?
im having a big ass prob with the new pager it says im offline when im not so im stuck with the origonal pager any ideas
SSjGOTEN12, do you have any firewall software on your computer? If so, you'll probably need to enable network access for the new BYOND executables.
o.O
I think theres a bug, or maybe its just me, but when I try to host games, they only appear on the hub for a few seconds.
i hate it when thers more than 1 server of 1 game and you cant see who the host is
If there are multiple servers you can click Join to see the status of each individual server... not ideal, but it works just fine.
Blah.. I just wanted to talk :(