ID:891871

Redundant
Applies to:

This feature has already been implemented, or is already achievable with existing methods.
I think that Non-Members on BYOND should be able to post a maximum of at least 1 game. Think of it as a free trial type of thing. If Non-Members like it, and they want to post more games, then they just might buy a Membership so they can post more games.

If anyone thinks that Non-Members should be allowed to post 1 game, please post it here.

Leafstar
This would be too easy to abuse, as the non-member would just have to alter the entry to support multiple games.
Then why not make it so the Non-Member could only post 1 game and that the Non-Member must have had an account on here for at least 1 month
In response to Leafstar-1
The user being new isn't the issue he's bringing up.

And I think it'd be more logical to have a 'trial' membership for new users to test out the features of a membership. This would of course include making a HUB. But that'd have to be in another feature request.
People request this at least once a week, and the answer is always no. Creating and modifying hubs is a perk of being a BYOND Member, and allows us to maintain submitted entries better. If you're willing to buy a BYOND membership to create and submits hubs then most likely you're actually serious about getting your game out there. Letting every single person have the ability to submit one game would be a bit of a problem due to the sheer amount of bogus entries we would receive.

That said, if you're flat out unable to buy a BYOND membership for whatever reason and you believe you have a game worth listing, you can message a listing moderator (myself, Lige, or Yusuke13) to come take a look. If your game is exceptionally good then maybe we can work something out.
Also, to add on to LA, there are hardly any good games being created as it is now. Giving non-members a hub won't do anything except bring more publicity to crappy games. As he said, if you are serious and make a good game instead of a piece of crap, then you will most likely be able to get it listed.
I don't exactly think it would be a terrible idea for someone to host a website that hosted the HUBs of Non-Member games. This HUB would have to be strictly enforced to maintain quality control however. Tom and Lummox don't have too worry about the costs of additional material on the website and they won't have to manage it. Though your game wouldn't get quite as much recognition as it would on the official BYOND HUB, it would get your name out there somewhat. I think this is an option that SOMEONE out there has the ability to accomplish, yet no one's quite grasped the concept.

The site could be paid for based on Ad Revenue which would keep the server owner from having to shell out of pocket for something like this.

I think something like this to just give the younger developers a chance at proving themselves would likely be mutually beneficial for everyone involved. Just so there aren't any crap games being published on this free HUB, though, the site admin would need to be quite strict in their presentation of games.

Just food for thought...
In response to Solomn Architect
If a new non-member makes a good game, it will probably be added. This means that even if someone did make that site, it would just have crap games on it, since the good games will have a hub here.
I feel as though the standards on what is considered "Good" on BYOND is fairly low as is. Right now, as long as a developer makes something playable and relatively polished, it's cast up there with the "Good" games. Unfortunately most BYONDers talk so much about "Good" games however they haven't the foggiest clue of what a "Good" game really is.
LordAndrew resolved issue (Redundant)
Hub creation has been opened up to all users in a recent update.