The Naked Ninja wrote:
I deleted the comments that had nothing at all to do with the topic at hand, it got out of control and trash like that doesn't belong here

Yes, your blog is a pristine bastion of intelligence and maturity. Which is why you only deleted the comments after the discussion was over, and not before I was forced to defend myself from childish attacks. The same type of attacks that you yourself were banned from my blog for making in the past.

Anyway, I'll go ahead and give you permission to return to your super insightful discussion about the movies. Might get awful lonely here though, because I'm taking my readership with me. Have fun!
Sorry that I left a bunch of pointless comments on your blog that you had to clean up, TNN. If that came off as sarcastic, it wasn't.

I think you might need to delete a few more as things are getting off-topic again.
I just feel as if I was hit in the dick with a 910 worded blog on how great Avatar was according to someone else.
I think I might go to watch it a second time! Maybe this weekend. +Yea!

Note:

Silk complains about instigation whilst instigating. Interesting.

@Vermolius:
Please refrain in the future from attacking people. You're welcome to debate but stay somewhat on topic. I'm not asking for strict guidelines or even maturity, just nothing that's going to start a shit fight.

@SilkWizard:
I deleted the comments when I had time, that was an aweful lot of garbage to sift through (please note that you were a bulk of the childish attacks). As far as your blog may go, I don't recall making any attacks, if I did I apologize. I have nothing personal against you, you're not that important to me.

Please, go ahead and take your readership with you though. You should notice however that any comments to your disillusioned articles lack both quality and quantity, so wherever this imaginary following is I hope it finds you.

@Underworld Troll:
Well hopefully it was enjoyable for you?

@Chris Gayle:
I've seen it a second time with Angie and it's just as stunning, did you happen to see it in 3D? In all honesty the second trip around is when I really got to appreciate the story, the first time I was too captivated by so much going on.
Silk, FYI, unlike you, a good amount of people don't obsessively monitor the comments on their own blog.
Zaole wrote:
TNN, you should look into twilight. those movies are so pretty, they have sparkles, and there's this one part where the guy takes off his shirt and you can see his pecs, he's so hot

it's such a pretty film, and the story and stuff like that doesn't matter so it's awesome

I'm really not sure why you keep ignorantly attacking me, I've made my stand on the story of Avatar pretty clear. You and a small handful of others stating that a decent story wasn't present doesn't validate anything. I'm warning you that any other comments like this in the future will be deleted, you've made your opinion on my taste in movies rather clear by now, however shoddy the attempts may be.

For the record though I have seen the two twilight movies. My girlfriend, like so many others', being an enthusiast. I didn't care for them (other than making a drinking game to the first one) as they aren't my type of vampire. I have however, listened to the four audio books in exchange for Angie playing WoW for a month, and from what I've heard the fourth and last novel of the series is rather enjoyable.

@Popisfizzy:
Dream Seeker lets me know when I get a reply and it's a nice distraction from game design, which I'm usually doing before work. It's really not hard to absently monitor your posts.
alright, here, i'll be serious:

it's fine that you have your own opinion and that you enjoyed a movie others didn't, but the way you come across in this post is "all the critics are definitely wrong! this movie is good! my opinion is the RIGHT one!"

you should be a little less silkwizardy in the way you say things

Dream Seeker lets me know when I get a reply and it's a nice distraction from game design, which I'm usually doing before work. It's really not hard to absently monitor your posts.

i have mine set to show up in the top right corner of the byond homepage, so whenever i pull it up i see a list of all recent comments/posts/etc that i was auto-subscribed to
SilkWizard wrote:
So yeah, don't start with me, because I've literally turned down thousands and thousands of dollars in the past by standing by my original work. :P

Fool!
Zaole wrote:
alright, here, i'll be serious:

it's fine that you have your own opinion and that you enjoyed a movie others didn't, but the way you come across in this post is "all the critics are definitely wrong! this movie is good! my opinion is the RIGHT one!"

you should be a little less silkwizardy in the way you say things

I suppose I could come off as forcing my opinion on people, but in all honesty I don't mind people completely disagreeing with me. What I do mind is how people disagree with me.

This was a simple review of the movie in my opinion, and also a review of some of the negativity against it. I would love to see a well thought out negative review of this movie, but the only people who dislike it can't seem to form such, and that was my general beef.
Page: 1 2 3