ID:899741

Not Feasible
Applies to:Dream Maker

Implementing this feature is not possible now or in the foreseeable future
ok
so yesterday i stumbled upon an epic and additive game
its name?
survival crisis z
its a game that uses the zombie genre but also a very clever technique, it moves the objects in the clients perspective; both to the side and up and down and it even rotates them left and right, it gives off a 3d vibe, check it out for yourself if u dont believe me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuU8NKnREek&feature=related
is there a lib for this? or do i have to make it myself? lol
thanks!
jonathan
I doubt we'll ever see this since BYOND doesn't support true 3D. And I highly doubt it's possible to do in library format as well since there's no easy way to rotate the map.
:/
lol man this would be easy to create in a library
literally all it requires is to rotate and move a few objects in the users perspective
simple as piss
In response to Bumblemore
...then create it? If you're so sure that it's possible then by all means pave the way.
i dont have the time mate tbh thats y i made this post
Not to be rude but you shouldn't request things that are already possible[citation needed] simply because you don't want to make it yourself. That'd be like if I were to request BYOND add a built-in Bumped() procedure simply because I just don't want to make one myself.

As for the request at hand, I just don't see how this is possible, and Lummox JR has already stated their stance on requests pertaining to 3D.
look man, tell me y u dont think its possible and ill help u
edit: its not 3d have u looked at the video?
all ting simplz when u imagine its believeness
lol the map isn't moving, ALL the images in the game are 2d png images which byond could easily move and rotate
Bumble, if it's so freakin' easy, make it yourself and get worshiped on BYOND.
This is definitely more than just isometric. Forum_account's idea for 3D BYOND is very close, though.
Talking about The Royal Nonesuch engine? :P
Nadrew resolved issue (Not Feasible)
If we get access to the DirectX Sprite.Transform matrices (it's in another feature request), it may be possible to emulate that 3D perspective, because we would be able to do rotations in 3 dimensions. However, a simple 2D turn like we have now is nowhere near enough.
In response to Bandock
Bandock wrote:
Talking about The Royal Nonesuch engine? :P

http://files.byondhome.com/D4RK354B3R/theroyalnonesuch.zip

This was made so long ago how could it not be possible now?

This opened may peoples eyes and they wanted the source to make runescape type games ... nonetheless it's pretty awesome ( and slow :P ).
In response to Vrocaan
Vrocaan wrote:
Bumble, if it's so freakin' easy, make it yourself and get worshiped on BYOND.

mate i wouldnt get worshiped for something this simple, just so everybody knows im not talking about the rotating walls in the video im talking about the objects in the rooms which dont rotate but give that same impression ;)
If you're not talking about anything rotating, then all you're looking for is isometric mode, and that has existed (unused) for a pretty long time now.
looks like 3D with a fixed camera angle. creating each perspective change for every object in the game is...unpractical
nah i didnt mean that
the objects in the video move left and right/rotate 2d to make it look 3d
check the video
and dont look at the walls just objects like sofas (feasible)
Who are you replying to?
Page: 1 2