Next thing to be done SHOULD be a complete wipe of all the hubs and moderate the games with a better system of unavailable/unpublished/etc. so that the rips won't be so bad. >;>
The rip problem at the moment isn't really that bad =/ (Still Alot Of Rips Daily)but the unpublished/published feature helped alot ;)
Nice.
Shadow Void wrote:
Next thing to be done SHOULD be a complete wipe of all the hubs and moderate the games with a better system of unavailable/unpublished/etc. so that the rips won't be so bad. >;>

That's basically what the community was like before BYOND Members and the guild system.
Howey wrote:
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/1466/asdfghjk.png Very nice, good job (Y)

Yeah, If an Anime game is going to be recommended maybe its best to stick with the ones on the front page.
I think that on the side where it sometimes says "Newest Members, Top Benefactors, Recent Benefactors" those words would be underlined in order to show a little more of a division between the sections.
Recommendations should be based on the games you play. You can click on a recommended hub entry to see why it was chosen for you. It's not a perfect system, especially if you don't play a lot of BYOND games (and hence the dataset is small). We'll keep refining it, though.
Howey wrote:

Watch Dragonball Z Dark Apocalypse show up on there.

Anyways, the page loading isn't quite as bad anymore. Great updates.
At least you're trying, I guess. The site is still quite disorganized. Keep up the effort.
Dark Prince X wrote:
Howey wrote:

Watch Dragonball Z Dark Apocalypse show up on there.

Anyways, the page loading isn't quite as bad anymore. Great updates.

When your game shows up its a rap, were already on the way to the dogs, that'le just be the handing over.

I sort of like it but the colours... The colours man..
Vermolius wrote:
At least you're trying, I guess. The site is still quite disorganized. Keep up the effort.

Agreed, I too appreciate your efforts. I still feel as if there's tons of room for refinement. Have you tried collaborating with the artist in the community and sketching up a few mock ups?

*btw- I really like the new font.

That top left corner looks a bit empty now. I can understand saving space, but why leave a blank spot where it used to be?
IcewarriorX, clear your browser's cache and reload the page. It's possible you're seeing the old CSS. If not, please give me some details about your browser and I'll be happy to look into it.
The only change I see is the recommended game bit :S

Edit: And so far all of them have been rips.
Howey wrote:
The only change I see is the recommended game bit :S

Edit: And so far all of them have been rips.

Like Tom said its recommended based on the games you play.
It's funny how such an apparently minor makeover has made such a massive improvement.
I don't love the new color scheme on the members page, it's a little too bright. But I'll probably get used to it.
may i suggest a [not interested] link under each recommended game advertised on the sidebar? i do not want to play dragonball z: heroes united by falacy and it shouldn't be recommended because i favorited chatters.
Jaredoggy-- the colors are (or should be) the same, but some of the borders have been removed. We'll keep iterating on the design.

Zxcvdnm-- if you click on the recommended game's hub entry there will be a box that allows you to edit the recommended status. I do like the suggestion of a more direct approach, though.

Vexonator-- we got a lot of comments that the site was too complicated so the theme of this update was to simplify where we could. I'm sure we can do better so we'll keep looking at it.
The main site seems to be more broken in compatibility view, on the main site, and the text is not properly centered, I am using IE8.

Also, another thing is that it is still not properly working in IE8 without compatibility view, the main menu bar to go between pages.

I would have figured the new layout would have fixed this issue by now, especially in such a change.
Page: 1 2 3 4