Zen

by Yut Put
Survive with your pals, build a house, and get eaten by werebunnies.
ID:906949

Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
In all honesty, I didn't think this game would be as good as it is. However there are a few things that could be improved(as expected since it's only 0.1!).
A couple of my ideas are as follows;

• Better interface.

Call it nit picky all you want, but the current interface is relatively bland and could definitely be improved upon(although it still gets the job done). The way that the top of the chat isn't aligned with the top of the map annoys me to no end.

Something else I'm going to tie in with this is the output. The output is a hassle to read when it fills with messages from both the game and other players. Some sort of way to easily define name from text would be great. Even if it is just bolding the name or underlining it. Image of what I'm talking about;

Also visible here is a bug I brought up here.

• Random Events

I'm not sure if you want to go in this direction but I think the game would do well with some random events thrown in. For example, you could take inspiration from Minecraft and have zombie outbreaks that spawn an excessive amount of zombies that attack populated areas. This would give those more action-drawn players something to keep them on their toes.

• Graphics

While I love your art style, a lot of the tiles seem to clash to an extent. It's not terrible but unless you build with design in mind, the map can become a bit of an eyesore. The trees are my biggest issue; their perspective is off and they don't stand out from the grass very well unless you're searching for them. Also, perhaps some sort of block that would allow you to build bridges to cross water?

I might add on to this later, but you have another pretty interesting game here. Keep up the great work! (:
Kumorii wrote:
The trees are my biggest issue; their perspective is off and they don't stand out from the grass very well unless you're searching for them.

I agree to an extent however I was playing in the dark, with my brightness turned to it's lowest and it was night in-game when I complained. I wouldn't say they are a big issue, to be honest, but it's down to personal preference.
Cleaned up the output and interface, redrew the trees, added sponges to cross water(when used with aqualily, a bonding orb, and maybe a fan or two, you can easily create a boat thingy)

I wanted the "boss battles" of the game to be random events that would cause cataclysmic weather and would require quick and careful allocation of resources to be successfully survived through and/or "beat" ;)

agreed. how bout a serpent boss?

Serpent
When the boss comes, tsunamis will rise and flood some areas. The serpent goes trough water like a gallbeast.
Agressive, spawns however yut wants it to.
Icon would be a blue snake that has a giant icon.
In response to TikTik
TikTik wrote:
agreed. how bout a serpent boss?

Serpent
When the boss comes, tsunamis will rise and flood some areas. The serpent goes trough water like a gallbeast.
Agressive, spawns however yut wants it to.
Icon would be a blue snake that has a giant icon.

Add in a chamber of secrets while he's at it.