You got somethin against wood chopping?
o.o Awesomee... I think i kinda get that.. but like after clicking new char i get a blank screen... soo I wuld hve to include more code to continue the character creation rght? And also even tho this is off topic is there a hard copy of the "blue book" ? O.o
"Part 2 will contain methods to handle character creation. For a clue at what I'm getting at, think of every game that uses input() to create characters, and imagine how much you hated that process."
Tiberath wrote:
"Part 2 will contain methods to handle character creation. For a clue at what I'm getting at, think of every game that uses input() to create characters, and imagine how much you hated that process."

Oh lord...
I didnt understand a thing ^^
rofl
Yumyum 22 wrote:
I didnt understand a thing

If you did not understand something, it would be appreciated feedback to specify what exactly you could not comprehend and what you tried to look up the terminology you were lacking. Furthermore, you should include a rough estimate of your knowledge on the subject (such as having worked your way though the DM guide).

This would allow for additional information to be added to future articles.
After just doing this tutorial, should you be able to see the buttons along with the Splash screen containing the background image I chose? Or should I continue with part 2 and 3 first?
Because I did the same thing, yet I cannot see it.
Azure Productions wrote:
After just doing this tutorial, should you be able to see the buttons along with the Splash screen containing the background image I chose? Or should I continue with part 2 and 3 first?
Because I did the same thing, yet I cannot see it.

It might be difficult to continue on to parts 2 and 3 because they don't exist yet. =P

And yes with this tutorial you will see the splash screen and buttons.
Oh crap. Well, now I need to solve the problem.

Nice
You know, this tutorial has come off way more popular than I thought it'd have been. I figured it'd just sit in Dream Makers without many people knowing or caring about it. I feel kinda proud.

Sorry about the lack of part 2A and 2B. That pesky real life thing has gotten in my way. I have my first actual weekend in forever now. I'll see if I can push 2A out by it's conclusion. No promises though.
Will people still play your game even if it has bad icons?
Bigmnm wrote:

If the game is fun, sure. There's been rumours of such games, and graphic artists who have enjoyed them have offered to update the graphics for free.

Of course, those are just rumours. Either way, the more mature users 'round here wont care about your graphics unless they are physically painful to look at.
Bigmnm wrote:

Like with most ventures, it is the target audience that you're looking for that should decide your strategy.

A lot of people are prone to avoid your game, so do not hope for excessive amounts of players, but some would still play your game.

I'll give you a great example. StolenLands never wanted the audience that seeks great graphics as that audience usually has other side effects as well on the general average age level around BYOND. Yet, a good twenty players were seen on-line at peek times.
I'm not sure how to make codes, could someone help me?
GraphicGirl wrote:

Welcome, novice programmer!
Coldnako wrote:
iam not shure on how th make codes can you help me

What works for GraphicGirl applies to you
as well...

Tiberath wrote:
GraphicGirl wrote:

Welcome, novice programmer!
Problem found! Whenever you edit the skin from ingame, if you can resize things eg. boundries. Then it makes the whole process look whack, any idea how we could fix it?
Reset your anchors to fit the new sizes accordingly?
Tiberath wrote:
Reset your anchors to fit the new sizes accordingly?

Sheddap =[
Page: 1 2 3 4 5