Masterdan wrote:
give chrome some credit, java heavy applications run absolutely flawlessly on Chrome. Whenever I am just going online to use facebook chat, I use chrome. Firefox crashes and locks up.

I think you mean JavaScript heavy.

Ulterior Motives wrote:
I have Firefox open, with just one tab and it's using more memory than the other 19 programs I have running put together. These include anti-virus, anti-spyware, BYOND, dreammaker, photoshop cs2, utorrent, then some background processes. Firefox is an insane resource guzzler for me.

Are you shitting me? Firefox with one tab open uses more memory than photoshop cs2?
Metamorphman wrote:
Ulterior Motives wrote:
I have Firefox open, with just one tab and it's using more memory than the other 19 programs I have running put together. These include anti-virus, anti-spyware, BYOND, dreammaker, photoshop cs2, utorrent, then some background processes. Firefox is an insane resource guzzler for me.

Are you shitting me? Firefox with one tab open uses more memory than photoshop cs2?

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/2796/taskv.png

More than all of those programs combined. I have six open projects in Photoshop and it's using barely anything. That's Firefox with 2 tabs, which is almost the same as with one tab. The CPU usage isn't much because I'm not doing anything and it was minimized at the time, but it's normal for it to use around 30-50%.

Oh, I see you're not using windows XP. That makes things a lot different because vista/7 allocate memory a lot more differently than XP.
On average Firefox sits at 100MB memory usage. When working it goes up to 150MB.
MemoryFox won't really solve the problem of 3.6's glacial startup time. This is probably due to one of my add-ons but frankly if the browser breaks that badly between versions with any add-on then it's the browser's fault.
Page: 1 2