ID:91875

Descriptive Problem Summary:
Trying to open dream seeker results in nothing happening. Trying to open a location in BYOND results in a, "cannot run dream seeker maybe you should reinstall BYOND."

I was running the beta when this first happened, I reinstalled BYOND from the stable version, but it's still doing the same thing.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Trying to do anything dream seeker related.

Expected Results:
For a world to open up.

Actual Results:
Error messages.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Every time
In other games?
Anything dream seeker related
In other user accounts?
N/A
On other computers?
N/A

When does the problem NOT occur?
Never

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Well yes, but it was working fine just 30 minutes ago with the beta. Now it doesn't work at all, even on the latest stable release.

Workarounds:
None, running dream seeker as an admin gave me an error. Now right clicking it doesn't even have the option to run as admin.

While writing this I thought I would try to see if running a program in dream maker would work. Now when I click a dmi, dm, dme, dms, etc I get a not a valid Win32 application.

I can open dream maker though and edit programs that way. Trying to run them gives me a cannot execute message.
Okay, I was incorrect. If I go to a hub I can download and play, or play live games. I just can't use dream seeker for running projects in dream maker, open dream seeker directly, or open locations in BYOND.

[Edit] This appears to only be certain hubs I can open, and even then most of the time I have to do it 2 or 3 times. When I close dream seeker it is still running in my task manager.

No games run anymore.

[Edit Again]It seemed no games where running. Literally twenty minutes after I clicked the hub links for the games to open, while I was doing something else 5 dream seekers popped up. Although I clicked 10 different games, hopefully 5 more won't be popping up in the next half an hour.

Also, if I open dream maker I can open environments that are already created, but I can't create new environments. It gives me a cannot open whatevertitleIgiveithere.dme.

I seem to be having some serious issue with BYOND. Dantom/BYOND does not appear in my registry anywhere I am wondering if this could be a problem?
It sounds like BYOND was uninstalled or is no longer installed correctly. I recommend doing an uninstall, rebooting, then doing a full reinstall.
Okay I did what you said, and I was getting the same results. Then I decided to install BYOND to a different location and it's working now.

I previously had it installed on the desktop. Now I have it installed in Program Files(x86), and the desktop and it works.

Strange
Installing anything to the desktop is usually not such a good move. I'm not sure why or how it would cause the kinds of problems you had but I'm glad it's all sorted out.