ID:91989

Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Copied from BYOND Features forum by Airjoe

Alright, well, after my previous idea was pointed out to me as impossible with the current setup, the next idea on the list was: would it be possible to change where the tabs are shown in an element? Perhaps on the left side, right side, or on the bottom. I'm not so sure if the left/right ones will work, but having the bottom would be so nice.
The regular tab control itself does support this. We use an owner-drawn control so the main change we would need to make would be to our drawing routines. This is feasible.

The only open question is how to implement this, whether it be a parameter like tab-position or what.
How about 'tab-dir(ection)' parameter? I think using 'tab-position' would confuse people when they use the pos(ition) parameter on tabs.
I could agree on what SSX said, a tab-dir parameter. I think that'd be the best way to handle it.

My only question would be: is it changeable at runtime?
Well, I think it should be a tab-dir parameter, and, it should be changeable at run-time if BYOND can code it.

Otherwise, it will be worked around if us coders wanted that functionality, which I personally would.

I would not want to limit them to just 1 direction.

Of course I let all my users mess with the skin, so they could change it that way too, but, I set some of these things that will likely only be messed with once, down far in the advanced settings of my game, and don't want individuals to mess up their skins by accident.
Different directions for tabs would be nice, and tab-dir sounds like a good name. I keep running into situations like this where default settings on all sorts of elements look terrible the moment you try to customize a control.
Yes. I really like this, it will add some more...originality to BYOND. After a while everyone just starts copying other's ideas, and are not capable of making their own skin without reference, and even if they do, they can still be called "copied" because there are no very big features on BYOND that allow complete customization of the interface.

Also, tab-dir sounds good.
So, what ever happened to this? It's been a year and already said it's feasible...so.