ID:92008

Applies to:DM Language

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Copied from BYOND Features forum by Airjoe

As it is right now, the input() as list is pre-built and usually maintains the same height/width.

Can we get new options to modify that height/width to our liking? Sometimes you have a lot of options so you need a lot of room, and other times you only have a couple of options and don't need that room.

It'd be nice to have a little flexibility

===============
Request #2:

Can we get those same menus as a new control for Skins? I could think of a couple of uses for that.
It really wouldn't be feasible to add a bunch of vars to input(), but perhaps a good compromise would be the ability to make input() resizable and store the preferred size in the user's preferences.

I'm not sure what you mean about menus, unless you're referring to the list control in an input() that has multiple items to choose from. A list control for skins would be useful but will require design work so we can figure out how to interact with the control in an intuitive way.
I see.

For #2 i meant to control the window colors of the list version of input(). Tom said it was possible in another thread, but that's all that was said.
Lummox JR wrote:
but perhaps a good compromise would be the ability to make input() resizable and store the preferred size in the user's preferences.

That seems like it would be a step in the opposite direction of what he's requesting.
And I agree that some sort of list control for interfaces would be helpful. Attempting to do something similar with grids is just too much work.
A list control for skins would solve this issue, as long as we can make the keyboard focus go to a list control via coding.

But implementing the variables is probably the most convenient way of doing this