The Magic Man wrote:
Stephen001 wrote:
You're welcome to use another platform for games, and hang out in another community if this one isn't your thing.

You're failing to see the point I am trying to make.

I want to use BYOND. I also want to hang out at another community.

I cannot due to the negative image BYOND has.

Something has to give then. You choose.
Stephen001 wrote:
The Magic Man wrote:
Stephen001 wrote:
You're welcome to use another platform for games, and hang out in another community if this one isn't your thing.

Either completely disassociate BYOND anime from BYOND and the BYOND website.
Or make it possible to package BYOND games as stand alone games and allowing the possibility to completely remove the BYOND identity from the stand alone game (and not just package BYOND with the game).

Either remove BYONDs negative image, or simply do not make people aware the game they are playing was made with BYOND.
Problem hopefully solved either way, with no particularly great sacrifices either.
The Magic Man wrote:
Stephen001 wrote:
The Magic Man wrote:
Stephen001 wrote:

Either completely disassociate BYOND anime from BYOND and the BYOND website.
Or make it possible to package BYOND games as stand alone games and allowing the possibility to completely remove the BYOND identity from the stand alone game (and not just package BYOND with the game).

Either remove BYONDs negative image, or simply do not make people aware the game they are playing was made with BYOND.
Problem hopefully solved either way, with no particularly great sacrifices either.

Tom doesn't buy either idea, so you'll need another one.
Stephen001 wrote:

And those are just some of the many reasons why BYOND is dying.

At least I know to not bother supporting it with my money in the future.
Too bad I cannot get a refund.
The Magic Man wrote:
Stephen001 wrote:

Then just leave BYOND, or at least get off my blog you whiny little child. Nobody likes your games, because they arent fun, not because of byonds reputation. Get over it.

The Magic Man wrote:
I havnt seen decadence advertised anywhere (that i can remember) but i doubt it would get negative results everywhere.

I have, it got a lot of negative responses.
Not for being a bad game, but because it was made with BYOND.

Oh wait, you're serious. Let me laugh even harder!

I've had nothing but positive feedback about Decadence whenever posting outside of BYOND. Even 4chan /v/ loves it. The last thread I posted there asking about game types (see my last blog post) I got around 50 replies from random people asking to play as well as a ton of great advice and ideas.

The only people who hate on BYOND are, in fact, BYONDers.
The Magic Man wrote:
Stephen001 wrote:

That's a solution, yes. It's funny, I vaguely remember covering similar ground a few times before with you.
Pmitch wrote:
Then just leave BYOND, or at least get off my blog you whiny little child. Nobody likes your games, because they arent fun, not because of byonds reputation. Get over it.

Ad-hominem only proves you're incapable of arguing.
You've never played any of the games I have made, and are in no valid position to criticize them.

I could just as easily say you're gay, your games are gay, your blog is gay, and so is your dog.
You should stop using byond, you're gaying it up with your gayness.
You're so gay you should change your name to Gaymitch.

But calling you gay proves nothing, other than I can call you gay.
SuperAntx wrote:
The Magic Man wrote:
I havnt seen decadence advertised anywhere (that i can remember) but i doubt it would get negative results everywhere.

I have, it got a lot of negative responses.
Not for being a bad game, but because it was made with BYOND.

Oh wait, you're serious. Let me laugh even harder!

I've had nothing but positive feedback about Decadence whenever posting outside of BYOND. Even 4chan /v/ loves it. The last thread I posted there asking about game types (see my last blog post) I got around 50 replies from random people asking to play as well as a ton of great advice and ideas.

The only people who hate on BYOND are, in fact, BYONDers.

Do it again right now, and post links then.
The Magic Man wrote:
Do it again right now, and post links then.

I have an awesome idea. How about I go dig up every single post on every single forum I've ever made just to prove some asshole on the internet he's wrong!

You're too much, dude.
Magic Man posts 20 rage comments about why people shouldn't be commenting so much..

Everyone disagrees.

You people care waaaaay too much. You're not gonna force your opinion into his head, because he's obviously retarded.
IcewarriorX wrote:
Magic Man posts 20 rage comments about why people shouldn't be commenting so much..

Everyone disagrees.

You people care waaaaay too much. You're not gonna force your opinion into his head, because he's obviously retarded.

Given how well received mine and Alathon's feedback on WoH was, I'd concluded that a while back.
I hope EVERYONE knows this is a troll. Yes, Gene Simmons kid just trolled all of you, along with most weeaboos and Japan.

Good job guys, drink Dr Pepper cherry. Despite it having simmons as a spokesperson, it's pretty tasty
</plug>
Instead of assuming ive never played any of your games, go and check or something, because i did infact play Generiquest. And it was not interesting. You know, when you started bitching about it? Yeah, i played it, and even spoke with you a few times in the game, giving you suggestions on it. Never again after that though.
Oh and heres some food for though for you. Recently, a professional gaming company posted an add looking to hire artists from the site.

If this site is dying as you say, we wouldn't be recognized as a legit community with developers, and nobody would bother posting here.
Pmitch wrote:
Oh and heres some food for though for you. Recently, a professional gaming company posted an add looking to hire artists from the site.

If this site is dying as you say, we wouldn't be recognized as a legit community with developers, and nobody would bother posting here.

Link or it didn't happen.
http://www.byond.com/members/PixelArt/forum?id=12463&view=1

Now go away. They posted twice, the second time today.
-Blam- O.o
If it wasn't for Anime games BYOND probably wouldn't be here today.

We shouldn't tell people to make non-anime games, because if they want to, they will. What we need to do is encrouage them to make good games with well designed gameplay that isn't 'hit p-bag for 2623 hours get lvl10000'. I personally don't care what I play as long as I can actually enjoy the game, which BYOND seems to be lacking of.
Cant show anyone shit without it spreading
Page: 1 2 3 4