If it's YOUR game, it doesn't matter what the user wants. It's not their game, they're just people that get to play it because you allow them to. If you want something disabled then that is completely up to you. If the player has a problem with it, they can play a different game or make their own. We're not working for players, we're making these games with our time, for free, no payment. They can toss opinions, but when it comes down to it, it's all in what the owner/team wants.
Well you're sorta right & then your also wrong, the game(s) that have been referred to on here if any maybe you don't pay for but you are aware some games on BYOND you do pay for extra features & such, so your statement is false.

As far as things go, I would think the developer would like many people to play their game instead of just 1 or 2 players & would like users to keep playing their game.

Developers should think about who would play their game rather than disabling things randomly just because they dislike something, sure it's their game & you can stop paying if you payed them something & stop playing but if they put games up just to aim for a small playerbase, they are the stupid ones in my opinion.

Developers usually strive towards getting a game they like while still getting a good playerbase, letting other users choose to stretch the map doesn't affect the developers game experience while playing his game, so why should he punish everyone else who wants the option on?

If it was hard to code or hard to make room for on the interface or something maybe but stuff like this is built into BYOND already.
You're fail way of thinking isn't even worth commenting. I could write a book countering what you just said... but it's obvious no matter what I say you won't understand.

But just because you might with a good example... then write an email to all the gaming companies, and tell them you don't like the way their interface is and that they should be 100% customizable and interchangeable. Even if you just do PC games where something like that is possible. You will get no reply. They make the game how THEY want it, because its THEIR game. It's not punishment for those who would rather have it a different way. It is simply how things are done. It's not game breaking in any way, you people just don't understand and think byond developers are your bitches and should do anything you want because you're the "player." So goodbye, not worth wasting another minute... Not even sure why this was bumped in the first place.
Well VcentG apparentally you are missing the point.

1.It's quick & easy to allow people to stretch the map, after all the ability to do so is built into BYOND.

2.The developer doesn't have to use the option when they play. Everything will look the same for them, but others who don't like it can have it how they like it.

& as for totally customizable sure it would be nice if it could be, I mean lots of big games have the option to customize just about everything you might ever want to, but basically this has to do with why one wouldn't want people 2 play a game where the map can be stretched if it's not a difficult addition & it can be played without the map being stretched for people who like it that way too.

Your way of thinking makes it so there can be no options for anything, everything must look & act a certain way & nobody should ever be able to do any different, is the ability to stretch the map going to make your game be any different? Of course not but if a persons screen is big it's a lot better than not being able to see the game.

EDIT: As far as this conversation goes it's not even the forum, yelling at one another is going to do no good & is cluttering up another persons feature suggestion.
Your main complaint seems to be map stretching. People spent hours making their 32x32 icons look the way they wanted, they may not like it when players force them to be 102x102 or some other random size, with AA applied.
This is, however, something developers can freely include with or without control_freak. HU2 defaults to a 32 icon-size map. However, it also has options for a full screen map, or a map in its own window which can be freely re-sized.

As far as macros go, they absolutely should not be created by users through the interface. This leads to nothing but cheating by players who make unfair use of them. Again, this is something that could be handled by developers if desired. Intelligently remapping already existing controls shouldn't cause any such problems.

The interface itself falls under the same category as the map size. Though this would be difficult, if even possible at all for developers to design remapping for. Developers design it the way they want it to look, and then they should allow players to destroy what they envisioned? And as I mentioned before, I've had countless complaints about people completely breaking the game by messing with the interface, but have only ever seen a single functional custom layout.
I personally hold the view that players should have more control over the client(as long as it doesn't affect the fairness of the game, of course) than the developer, as it makes the game more fun.

Adding this would allow the developers to hold control over balance-breaking aspects of client manipulation while allowing players to mod the client to their heart's content.
There seem to still be a lot of questions as to which specific features people want to enable/disable, but skins and macros seem to be the big ones. As a result, the first wave of expansion has addressed these two options but the others are still handled by the regular setting.

The method I decided to use was that the existing value of 1 will disable everything by default, and the other flags will toggle specific features on or off from the default.
Page: 1 2