ID:92196

BYOND Version:463
Operating System:Windows XP Home
Web Browser:Internet Explorer 8.0
Applies to:Dream Daemon

This issue may be low priority or very difficult to fix, and has been put on the back burner for the time being.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When I tried to ban somebody and then start to set a time to unban the user, the user can be "unbanned" by logging in while the ban time is being set.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Ban someone
2. Change the ban type from "Never" to "At this time:"
3. Have the banned person log in just before you change the date and time to unban the user.

Expected Results:
The banned user stays banned while you are setting the time of the repealing of the ban.

Actual Results:
The banned user is unbanned while you are setting the ban time (it occurred before I was able to change any fields).

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.
In other games? Yes.
In other user accounts? Probably.
On other computers? I'm not sure, as I only use one computer. The others are either in disrepair or are not available to me at the moment.

When does the problem NOT occur?
If you leave the ban set to "Never," "End of session," or set a repeal time before the banned user logs in.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
It occurred even in BYOND version 400. It happens when you set the ban expiration to "At this time: " and you haven't changed anything time-wise before they attempt to log in again.

Workarounds:
Set the ban time before the user tries to log back in, set the repeal time to Never, or have the ban end at the end of the session.
This could be fixed by if no valid time is typed in with the checkbox checked, then it counts them as still being banned until the time comes, so, if no time, then they are essentially forever banned.