ID:92237

Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Duplicates:id:65494
I would like to see at least some minimal amount of mouse interaction with skin elements, besides just buttons. Possibly having the ability to click on bars or Mouse_Entered functionality so that you can make buttons highlight whenever your mouse is over them.

For example, in one of my games I have an experience bar. I would like to be able to show the player what percent it is at when the mouse over, but then hide the label again when they take their mouse off.
*BUMP* MouseEntered/Exited for interface controls plox
*DOUBLE BUMP* Ditto...
Thirded. Java has nice features for windows and mouse events. Maybe we could have something similar?
import javax.swing.JFrame;
import javax.swing.JLabel;
public class twindow extends JFrame {
private JLabel Jnew;
public twindow(){
super("Titlebar!");
Jnew = new JLabel("Testing");
add(Jnew);
Jnew.setToolTipText("Hello!");//Yay for Tool Tips
}
}
Bumping this again, and throwing a vote on it
YES.
I know this is old, but I'd like to bump this. Click()/DblClick() and MouseEntered()/MouseExited()/MouseMove() functionality would be really useful for interacting with interfaces.
This can be done pretty well through Javascript/Browsers. Check out ForumAccount's demo regarding Javascript interfaces.
Alright, I'll take a look. I still think interfaces should have support for those functions though- If at all feasible. Thanks, Ter.
In response to Lavitiz
Lavitiz wrote:
Alright, I'll take a look. I still think interfaces should have support for those functions though- If at all feasible. Thanks, Ter.

Yeah, I agree. I really wish there were a way we could get an embedded HTML renderer that actually rendered our interface elements in the same graphics context as the map, though, because I really dislike having to use square elements without transparency, or make the choice to abandon hardware mode.
In response to Ter13
Yes, I know exactly how you feel! I bumped another post not too long ago for interface transparency support with images.

If we had both of those features, interfaces would essentially be a more effective and possibly easier solution to HUD Objects.

I'm not quite sure how these additions would work or if they're even possible with how the engine is built, but I feel like these should have been added long ago if possible.

I'd like to hear some feed-back from Tom/Lummox JR on both this post and weather or not image transparency could be added for interface elements. This is really important to me, and I'd like to push for it's addition.
I know this is old, but bumping this!
I know this is super old, but bump. Trying to create a radial menu via right-clicking an object inside a grid, on an interface, is proving impossible when trying to gain an idea on the position of the object translated into screen_loc.
bump again