ID:92477

Applies to:Dream Seeker
BYOND Version:471
Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Web Browser:N/A

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
I'm not sure if it's a bug or design oversight, but using winset() to switch a player's focus to another window will not trigger key+up commands on the original window. Actually, I don't think they trigger even when the player changes their focus manually.

What I would like is a way to trigger all key+up commands whenever I want to. Something which doesn't require a window to lose focus.
Key-up macros not triggering on focus changes was a bug that was fixed in a recent release. Which build are you using?
I'm using version 464.1066.
If you can set up a demo to show the problem in action that'd be helpful. Focus changes are difficult to respond to and I thought I had done the best I could with that, but maybe some particular sequence of actions is being missed.
This is as close as I can get without directly posting my source. In order to trigger the bug simply move around and press enter to open the chat window.

You'll notice the character continues to move after the focus has changed to the chat window.
This was getting lost in Features so I'm moving it to BYOND Bugs for investigation.