ID:92480

Keywords: apple, art, photoshop, pmitch
http://imageftw.com/uploads/20100305/PaulM_Apple.png

WIP, until now ive more or less slept on photoshop, never really went into it if i didnt have to. But im trying to learn it abit better.

Ive got to work on the stem and leaf (removing the outline on them for instance) and a few other things, but i like what i have so far.

I'll be making more small objects, this time using my own reference and setting up my own lighting, eventually moving on to drawing people. I had fun making this, and it didnt take too long either.

EDIT: Worked on it some more

http://imageftw.com/uploads/20100318/PaulM_Apple.png
Nice first time using photoshop ? thats really good, I want to learn photo shop :(.
Ive used it before, but mainly for pixeling, and a few times when learning how to texture models (something i need to refresh myself on, yay notes). But ive never sat and really tried drawing something in it like i did today.
That's pretty good, almost identical.
Yea+
Kewl, looks nice.
Did you make the apple? Or is it an edited one?
I drew the apple on the right, using the one in the left corner as a reference.
Pmitch wrote:

Then I've gotta say, you're pretty good. :) Ever consider art class?
Theironx wrote:
Pmitch wrote:

I went to school today and one of my professors did a workshop for it. i took some good notes and then did the apple.

I'm in college for game design btw. (graduating in may, yay!)

Pmitch wrote:
Theironx wrote:
Pmitch wrote:

I went to school today and one of my professors did a workshop for it. i took some good notes and then did the apple.

I'm in college for game design btw. (graduating in may, yay!)

That's awesome. I'll be starting college sometime in 2011, been having some family problems for the past 3 years. I don't think I'm going to study game design like I planned, though.
looks like you just filtered it
Yash 69 wrote:
looks like you just filtered it

What exactly is filtering?

All i did in making that was use the brush tool. I used the eyedropper to grab colors off the original apple aswell.
Pmitch wrote:

Filters are things you can apply such as "Cartoon" or "Grayscale" and etc. to an image to automatically convert it to the specified appearance.

Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:
Pmitch wrote:

Filters are things you can apply such as "Cartoon" or "Grayscale" and etc. to an image to automatically convert it to the specified appearance.

Ah ok. thanks for telling me. No, i didnt do that yash.
o well it looks cool anyway
It looks really nice, Good job.
Thanks.
Edited original post with an updated version. CC please.
looks cool, cartoon version lol