ID:92608

Not Feasible
Applies to:Being able to play it on other devices

Implementing this feature is not possible now or in the foreseeable future
Duplicates:id:92843, id:102891
I think that BYOND should be able to be played on a iphone,or a psp or even xbox 360's or Ps3's.It would be cool to play BYOND games through them but i have no idea how the controls could work.
BYOND is not portable to most mobile devices because they require special languages for their software. Most also are simply not powerful enough to run BYOND. See past forum discussions for more information.
Lummox JR wrote:
BYOND is not portable to most mobile devices because they require special languages for their software. Most also are simply not powerful enough to run BYOND. See past forum discussions for more information.

I think it mint work on a iphone or ipod touch.

In particular it won't work on an iPhone or iPod Touch, due to the restrictions placed on those devices. This has been discussed at length on the forums.
Lummox JR wrote:

However if you guys would finish the flash client for the most part this would be untrue on android as someone could make a program with a virtual keypad that would run the BYOND games in flash, just a 411 99% of modern android devices have flash 10 and the new android xoom tab from verizon has even more flash features due to the android 3.0 instead of 2.x but whatev's your money lost not mine
Indeed this is one of the reasons we're pushing forward on the Flash client. It will open BYOND up to platforms that otherwise we could never port to.
In response to Lummox JR
Really do hope you succeed in that I would love to play games like SS 13 on the Xbox
In response to Eeveerocks1000
Eeveerocks1000 wrote:
Really do hope you succeed in that I would love to play games like SS 13 on the Xbox

5 years later..
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
Eeveerocks1000 wrote:

5 years later..

lol did not see the date, opps
This is already possible, I've done it, and while it lags to shit, still works. Use the webclient and learn how to use Adobe Phonegap.
In response to Ishuri
adobe phonegap is for the phone... I wanna play on the xbox
In response to Ishuri
I just tried it right now after a while(mobile) and it runs well on my 2.5 year old device. Granted it was a VERY simple test demo with just the ability to move via mouse and whatnot. I did it directly from the webclient link provided by DD. I was not disappointed. I can totally see myself playing full fledged mobile games made for the webclient on a flagship device.