ID:926938

Resolved
BYOND Version:497
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 22.0.1229.2
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Similar to id:870509, in the end result. Basically, if you your cursor placed anywhere on the screen (somewhere in the middle of the document? I'm using ~120 lines, so like, line 60ish), and you do a FIND ALL, seach in "This File", for something like "var" or another common appearence, the document will not update the code editor correctly. Instead, it will scroll the page down to match your cursor, but not update the text. Clicking or selecting the lines will show what happened.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Open document with large number of lines (over 100?)
2. Scroll to middle, place cursor somewhere
3. Open Advanced Find/Replace prompt
4. Type something like 'var' in.
5. Search in 'this file'
6. Find All.
7. Click on the top line, this becomes the line you originally placed your cursor at. But the screen didn't update.
Pictures:
place cursor, on line 93

find all 'var' in 'this file'

ffff

Expected Results:
I'd actually expect it to not scroll the editor up or down, and actually update the window.
Actual Results:
Cursor'd line becomes the first line appearing, so it scrolls up, and it doesn't update the window.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Yes.
On other computers? Untested.

When does the problem NOT occur?
Replace all, 'Included Files', 'All Files', 'Find Next'

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? This is the first version I noticed this happening, assuming it happened before alongside the Replace All bug, previously fixed, but just never noticed.

Workarounds:
Select all when window doesn't update.
Also, note, this is BYOND 497.1146. I'll test it in the latest beta soon, maybe.
In response to Super Saiyan X
It still does it in 1147.
It's funny because Tom fixed this almost same exact bug (twice) before at id:870509. That case works fine now, but I don't recall seeing this bug with Find All before. Did it occur in earlier versions?
In response to Super Saiyan X
I've had it happen for some time, 493 is the earliest I can recall. But it's never been that big of a deal for me so I didn't sweat it.
I'm not convinced there needs to be a specific number of lines in the file, because what it seems to be doing is not re-opening the tab that contained the first result when find all cycles back to it.
Well, I only said to have a large number of lines so you can experience it. If the number of lines didn't exceed the amount of space on the screen, it'd be harder to catch.
Sometimes it scrolls past the bottom too, but I haven't seen that in the longest.
I'd like to bump this.

Bump.
Can you get me a test project with reproducible steps?
The example in the first post used a public build of Chatters, avaliable here: https://github.com/kevans91/Chatters/zipball/master

1. Literally go to any dm file, I used "code\controllers\managers\chatman.dm"
2. Place the keyboard cursor (blinking line thing) on any line, anything less than 20, I guess.
3. Open Up Find/Replace (ctrl+h)
4. Find text "if"
5. Search in "This File"
6. Find All
7. Same results as id:870509.

Clicking on the lines or highlighting will update only those lines. You'll notice the line numbers becoming out of order. CTRL+A (Select All) will update everything.
Tom resolved issue