ID:92731

Resolved
Link() has been made seamless
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
I request there would be a way to smooth the transition between linking from one world to another.

I was thinking that perhaps it should be possible to link to a new world in a new seeker without shutting down the old one.

For multi-server games, this would enable the player to be programmatically linked to another section of the world map, then have one world send a Topic to the other when the player has finished initialization on the other end, and then the program could manually kill the connection and close the old window to the world.

This would allow the switch from world to world to be somewhat less noticeable, and with some simple interface manipulation, completely invisible.
I definitely think this would be a great addition to DM, mainly because I know of a few projects that are going on that use that same technique (and my own did, when I was working on it), and talking with those developers, they'd like something like that as well.
I like it.
I'm just wondering if there's been any consideration or progress on this feature?

Thanks.
I'm pretty sure they actually just did some work towards this in the most recent release.
Lummox, Tom, I'm serious about that opening a new dream seeker window from within the program.

Or at least an option in the startup() command to run in Seeker instead of Daemon.
Ter13 wrote:
Lummox, Tom, I'm serious about that opening a new dream seeker window from within the program.

I have to support this wholly. In my game I had to use a hacky javascript workaround to spawn players from my lobby DS to the actual game DS, sending some topicdata as necessary. Is it reasonable to ask for the ability to send topicdata on top of the suggestion at hand?
Ter13 resolved issue with message:
Link() has been made seamless