ID:92983

BYOND Version:464
Operating System:Windows XP Home
Web Browser:Firefox 3.5.7
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue may be low priority or very difficult to fix, and has been put on the back burner for the time being.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
On a isometric map, when two or more turfs are stacked together on the same spot, the z-offsets of all the turfs gets messed up. All the turfs 'underneath' the dominant turf take the Z-offset of the dominant turf. If you assign the negative z-offset of the dominant turf to the underlying turf, (ex: if the dominant turf has an offset of 24 the underlying one should have a -24 to look like it had an offset of zero) it will look fine in the map editor. However when you actually play the game in dream seeker the underlying turf looks like it has a z-offset of 24.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Create different colored 3-D isometric blocks (I'll use blue and red as examples)
2. put down the blue one and then insert the red one above topmost turf where the blue one is.
3. Change the red ones z-offset to whatever it is which would make it look stacked on top of the other one. (My z-offset is 24)
4. What just happened? For me the blue went up with the red one.
5. Now change the blue's offset to the negative of the red's (for me -24)
6. There now it looks better, but if you compile and run, it won't look right.

I don't entirely follow here. Could you post a demo as an example? If there's a discrepancy between the map editor and the live game that's definitely something I want to fix.
I'm coming out with a demo soon, I'm a little busy right now. However to clarify some more, when I do change the Z-offsets of turfs that are in the same location in the map editor, it will look fine, but in game it won't.
Isn't this the same "bug" that happens in non-iso games when you stack turfs with pixel offsets?...
Lummox, here's a video explaining and showing what this guy meant.

http://screencast.com/t/ozvJQLNowU