Casual Quest

by IainPeregrine
A fast paced, casual, multi player action game with a little RPG touch
ID:931410

This is another quick release to fix the score boards, but this time I fixed a few other minor issues as well.

Changes:
  • Fixed bug where scores were being deleted
  • New score handling that should be more resilient to a busy hub, with warnings when hub cannot be contacted
  • Scores are now submitted at the end of each round
  • Your current score is now displayed to you when you join
  • Players are now properly centered and rotated at the start of a new round

Lord Andrew informed me that there's a running thread with bug reports and feature requests, so I might pick through that over the weekend and see what I can manage.

Thanks, and enjoy your quest'n :)
DarkCampainger wrote:
Players are now properly centered and rotated at the start of a new round

I don't know why, but I could never wrap my brain around that bug. I'd love to know how you solved it.

Edit: I also love how you take the time to do the banner link at the top of your posts :)
In response to IainPeregrine
IainPeregrine wrote:
DarkCampainger wrote:
Players are now properly centered and rotated at the start of a new round

I don't know why, but I could never wrap my brain around that bug. I'd love to know how you solved it.

It's funny, because it's the one bug I was like "Now that I have the chance, I have to solve this!" from when I originally played the game. And boy, it was an interesting problem to solve. It was technically centering the players correctly, but it was never calling redraw() so it never updated the actual icon (the call was actually there but commented out, probably because of what's next). The fun began when I started calling redraw() again and the player became invisible! Turns out the voting code, which hides the players when it detects a registered vote, had been given a sentinel value ("asdf"), likely to lock out voting, and was incorrectly hiding the player as a result. For the longest time I thought it was the invulnerable setting just being caught in its "invisible" state. I didn't even remember that there was voting and just dismissed it as derelict code. That was a fun one to track down, hah.

Edit: I also love how you take the time to do the banner link at the top of your posts :)

Heh, I'm just stealing your/Caution's layout :P
Just a thought passing through my head. You may want to shoot me an email with the source whenever you update. That way the next person won't have to go back to version 1.32 when they take over.
In response to IainPeregrine
IainPeregrine wrote:
Just a thought passing through my head. You may want to shoot me an email with the source whenever you update. That way the next person won't have to go back to version 1.32 when they take over.

Yep, same thing passed through mine! I actually already sent it to you, to the same address you originally sent it to me from.