ID:93334

Keywords: website
Since Facebook has been so popular and it seems like everyone has a page there now, we're setting up some new features that will make it easier to keep up on the world of BYOND in your social networks.

As a first step, Mike H. has made it possible to share your favorite blog posts and games with your friends. "Share on Facebook" links have been added to blog posts and hub entries. If you have a Facebook account, all you need is to click that link, login on Facebook if you aren't already, allow the post to go through, and add your own comment--whatever you'd like to say about it.

If you'd like to keep up with what's happening in the community, there's a group for that! Tiberath has set up a group for fans of BYOND. This is a great way to keep up with important news, and your friends can see what BYOND is all about.

These are just the first steps we're taking to make it easier to merge your social networks and BYOND. We have even more plans in the works, including further Facebook and Twitter integration. In the meantime, befriend the new BYOND fan group and start sharing your favorite stuff with the world!
So, this is why all the other fan pages for BYOND disappeared. :O
We're powerful, but not that powerful.
Well, I guess we all saw it coming.
I remember telling a few people how BYOND, over the years, is developing into a Social Network / Gaming Community rather than it's original Gaming / Tech Community.
Well, pages are supposed to be created by a legal representative of said organization, so I'm guessing when facebook went to get proof of ownership of said organization, and no one responded, they hid/deleted the pages.
I hate social networking. Nayed.
Sounds good.
Should help expand BYOND's community and get some new members.
Shadow Void wrote:
Sounds good.
Should help expand BYOND's community and get some new members.

True, I guess that's a good thing.

how can i hide this button? i don't want it on my posts.
If I was to do this, I'd get an entirely new Facebook altogether. Honestly, nobody outside of my computer knows what I do on my computer. I'd imagine it's the same with many other people. I've kept this life hidden for years.
And here I've been trying my best to distance myself from social networking.
Zxcvdnm wrote:

Why not? It's just a way to post a link (you could do this previously if you wanted).
Zxcvdnm wrote:

.fb_share {display: none;}

That should do it, if you don't want to share your posts.
Fugsnarf wrote:
If I was to do this, I'd get an entirely new Facebook altogether. Honestly, nobody outside of my computer knows what I do on my computer. I'd imagine it's the same with many other people. I've kept this life hidden for years.

I agree. I'd rather keep my real-life friends and family away from the BYOND community to be honest. Drama drama drama. I'd rather tell them, "Do you like 2d games and/or wanna make one?" if they reject the idea, I don't mention about BYOND.
Tom wrote:
Zxcvdnm wrote:

Why not? It's just a way to post a link (you could do this previously if you wanted).

Then why don't we leave it as an option then cause I don't want it either.

This is a good idea it would make Byond more popular I guess...
Tom wrote:
Zxcvdnm wrote:

Because I dislike Facebook and I'm not going to advertise it on my page. Also, I tried what you said DC and it didn't work?
Zxcvdnm wrote:
Also, I tried what you said DC and it didn't work?

Odd, it's working fine for me. Just paste ".fb_share {display: none;}" to the bottom of your custom style sheet.
DarkCampainger wrote:
Zxcvdnm wrote:

Odd, it's working fine for me. Just paste ".fb_share {display: none;}" to the bottom of your custom style sheet.

It worked when I tried it again. I guess it wasn't saving or something. Thanks though. :)
DarkCampainger wrote:
Zxcvdnm wrote:

Hell yeah worked for me too, Thanks ALOT! To bad I still have to see the crap everywhere else.
Page: 1 2 3 4