I've been waiting for BYOND to take advantage of networking sites.

Cool feature, I'm sure quite a few people will put it to good use.
Fugsnarf wrote:
If I was to do this, I'd get an entirely new Facebook altogether. Honestly, nobody outside of my computer knows what I do on my computer. I'd imagine it's the same with many other people. I've kept this life hidden for years.

Same here. xD
That's pretty strange, no idea why you'd keep the fact you play 2D games a secret.
Not that I play, that I make.
Very well, I can start a Facebook account, but under one condition: I won't play Farmville.
Geldonyetich wrote:
I won't play Farmville.

It sickens me how much Farmville is making.
It would be cool if you did this with twitter to twitter is much better for blogging.

But facebook is cool to but also do it for twitter.

Twitter is awesome.
Ryuk25 wrote:
It would be cool if you did this with twitter to twitter is much better for blogging.

Twitter is awesome.

Did you read the whole post?

Wowww....Never thought I'd see the day..Nonetheless I'll join despite not using facebook much nowadays.
Ryuk25 wrote:

Twitter is awesome.

BYOND Twitter, I took care of that when I started the facebook group.
Sad day for BYOND.
Tetsuya wrote:
Sad day for BYOND.

If you don't like social networks, that's fine. I'm not too crash hot on them either (which is why I never joined the BYOND Group I set up).

But it's a good resource to garner interest through word of mouth. And a lot (and I mean a lot) of companies are turning to using social networks to further their businesses and reach more people.

There's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't do the same thing.
Tiberath wrote:
Tetsuya wrote:
Sad day for BYOND.

If you don't like social networks, that's fine. I'm not too crash hot on them either (which is why I never joined the BYOND Group I set up).

But it's a good resource to garner interest through word of mouth. And a lot (and I mean a lot) of companies are turning to using social networks to further their businesses and reach more people.

There's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't do the same thing.

I see your point, I guess if it does bring more people to BYOND its a good thing. Just having to turn to social networking to do so in my opinion just sucks. Surely with some of the great minds on BYOND we as a community could have come up with a better option.
Sorry for the double post, but is someone going to keep tabs on if this actually brings more people to BYOND?
Tetsuya wrote:
Sorry for the double post, but is someone going to keep tabs on if this actually brings more people to BYOND?

Tom's got Google Analytics running through the site, and probably a good set of their own scripts keeping tabs in the background.
Tiberath wrote:
Tetsuya wrote:

Tom's got Google Analytics running through the site, and probably a good set of their own scripts keeping tabs in the background.

Awesome hopefully he will let the community know the outcome.
Tetsuya wrote:
Awesome hopefully he will let the community know the outcome.

The outcome will be tainted with people deliberately hiding the "Share on Facebook" button on their blogs. <.<
Crappy update -_-
Tetsuya wrote:
Ryuk25 wrote:

Twitter is awesome.

Did you read the whole post?

Yeah i did acutally.

Im just saying do it faster or what not.
Having share links on your page does not mean that its your friends who get alerted. It's the friends of whoever clicks them.

Hiding the impulse clicks is a rather petty way of impeding both a site that needs advertising and those who wish to promote you. Anyone who wishes to link without your permission will just do it manually.
Page: 1 2 3 4