ID:93548

Keywords: crap, life, money
So I decided to order Final Fantasy XIII from Square Enix, I figured hey, they made the game, maybe I can get a copy early! I pre-ordered the game on the 5th. If I hadn't gone out and bought a copy at EB Games, I'd still be waiting.

I canceled the order the day after it was released, because the order was still being processed and I didn't feel like waiting for them anymore. I love the logic behind the entire thing.

March 10th, The Cancelation

I ordered this from the website because I assumed that getting it straight from you guys would be the best route. Final Fantasy XIII came out March 9th, it is now March 10th, and my order is still "In process". Are you guys extremely terrible at your jobs, or are you just slow on purpose to deter people from using your website? I order things from Amazon and they're shipped the next day. I pre-ordered this game 5 days ago, and it's now a day after it's release, everyone else is enjoying their game, and I'm sitting here tapping my screen wondering if I'll ever get to play this. With service like this I can't see myself using your website in the future. I thought pre-order meant you get it first, not last.

March 10th, Tri-Email

I assume they saw my cancelation request pushed my order through the process quickly so it they could claim it was already shipped. I got a bunch of emails all at the same time. Literally, 3 emails at exactly 10:24pm. First a shipping confirmation, followed by return instructions, and then the cancelation request telling me they couldn't stop shipment.

Dear Paul Brown,

Thank you for ordering from Square-Enix, Inc.. At your request, or at the request of the fulfiller and/or manufacturer, we attempted to cancel the following products from your order. Unfortunately, we were unable to stop shipment and you will be charged for these items.

If you do not desire the product(s) listed above, please refuse shipment. We have initiated a return on your behalf. If it is not possible to refuse shipment, follow the return instructions listed below. You must follow the instructions below within 30 days. We are unable to issue a refund before these instructions are followed.

Each product must be received at its correct corresponding address in order for us to process your refund. In the event that you are returning multiple products, you may be required to send items to different addresses. Products being returned to the same address may be shipped together. Please read carefully to ensure that each product is returned to the correct location. Once the product is received, your refund should appear within 5-7 business days.

March 17th, Where's my money?

I ordered this game 4 days pre-release. I got fed up with waiting for the game from you guys and canceled the order and just went and bought the game from a retailer. 2 days later, I get an email saying you guys finally shipped the game anyways, after I canceled the order. Saying I have to ship it back in order to get a refund. You give me no tracking number, and I have yet to see any sign of this game you supposedly shipped after a week of waiting. That $60 wasn't a donation, I want my money back.

March 18th, The Dude has it.

Dear Paul Brown,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix online store.

We are processing your refund for order: 7430986617. Please allow 5 - 7 days for the credit to be applied to your credit card. Due to billing cycles, the refund may not appear on the same credit card statement as the original charge.

March 24th, No, really, where is it?

It has now been well over 5-7 business days, and I have yet to receive
the product or the refund. Are you just making these things up as you
go along, or is there something terribly wrong with your system? I was
pretty relaxed about this entire thing up until this point, but now
I'm starting to get very angry with the entire situation. It's a
simple process that you shouldn't be screwing up, and yet here I am
without my money or the product you claimed to have shipped. I want my
money, simple as that.

March 26th, A refund is the product, right?

Dear Paul Brown,

We have requested a reshipment for the backup CD you ordered. Please allow 7-14 business days for the arrival of the backup CD. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please refer to Ticket number 326257 for follow up

March 26th, Don't do that, stupid!

No, why would you try to reship the game to me? You've already taken 2 weeks to attempt to get the game to me, and I said I wanted my money back. Don't waste your time shipping something to me that I wanted a refund on. You're wasting your time and mine. Just give me a refund on the game, I already went out and bought a copy of it in the store to begin with. I do NOT want the game. I want my money back.

March 28th, Sometimes, we drool.

Dear Paul Brown,

Thank you for contacting the online store.

We have received your request to cancel shipment of your order; unfortunately we were unable to do so. Your order was processed for shipment immediately upon completion, and no changes were able to be made.

You will be receiving a shipping notification email shortly. If you do not wish to receive the shipment and you would like a refund, you may refuse delivery.

March 28th, All I can think of, is the -_- face.

No, there shouldn't be any refusal of delivery. There shouldn't be any delivery to begin with. There is ABSOLUTELY no reason why you should be thinking of shipping me a second copy of the product when I canceled the order of the first product. I asked for a refund and instead of doing that, you've decided to process the order again for who knows what reason, and ship it to me, yet again. Do not ship me anything, I do not want anything. Put the money back on my credit card, and just end this stupidity. It's not like this is a really difficult task. I don't even understand how you can go from saying "your refund will be in 5-7 business days" to "oops, we shipped you a game instead." You went from a computerized process to physically having something sent to me. I don't even know what to say to you people, what you're doing has absolutely no logic behind it. NO SHIPMENT, REFUND.

You should get someone, and I mean someone, not a computer, someone, to read the string of emails that's gone back and forth between us about this entire situation, and serious ask them if the entire thing has made sense.

I cancel, you ship anyways, so I wait and get nothing. You tell me I'm going to get a refund, I wait again, and get nothing, so you tell me you're going to send me another copy of the game. I tell you no, and you tell me that you couldn't stop shipment? Makes sense.

March 29th, Damnit, The Dude has it again!

Dear Paul Brown,

We are processing your refund for order: 430986617. Please allow 5 - 7 days for the credit to be applied to your credit card. Due to billing cycles, the refund may not appear on the same credit card statement as the original charge.

March 31st, ...?

Dear Paul Brown,

We are processing your refund for order: 430986617. Please allow 5 - 7 days for the credit to be applied to your credit card. Due to billing cycles, the refund may not appear on the same credit card statement as the original charge.
Wow.......
I ordered mine from amazon like 2 weeks before release. I got it at 10 am on March 9 as expected too...where the heck did you order your copy from.
Cody123100 wrote:
I ordered mine from amazon like 2 weeks before release. I got it at 10 am on March 9 as expected too...where the heck did you order your copy from.

Directly from Square Enix.
Hah "That $60 wasn't a donation, I want my money back."
Mecha Destroyer JD wrote:
Wow.......

Perhaps the so-called "computer" got offended by your attitude and decided to have some fun with you.
I couldn't help from laughing at this.
I want updates
I'm waiting for them to email me back. Probably another automated message. "Please wait 5-7 business days for us to shove our thumb up our ass."
This is one reason I'm a big fan of Steam. No shipping. It is a little harder to return games though. Retailers, for as annoying as they are, do unify the process a bit. Making sure I understand the process for every game I buy, rather than having to learn every game maker's system for purchasing the game.

Steam is really the best of both worlds. Unified system for purchasing games with preloading that unlocks on release day. Or course, this process isn't always as smooth as one would hope, but it is normally pretty great. Console manufacturers really should emulate it. Too bad they still need Gamestop and Walmart who would try to break their balls if they tried to go to a real online distribution model for A list games.
oh supdate, 5-7 more business days lawl
These people suck. They sent me the same email twice, at least the name was different.