ID:93578

Keywords: nestalgia
NEStalgia was designed to be an open PvP game because it makes for a ton of interaction between players. Yesterday and today we already saw how when a group of players took to robbing people near the bank, another group of players stepped up to police them. Pretty cool stuff.

All of that said, I know that some people just hate PvP, period. If you're one of those people, I understand that there is no winning you over. So I've chomped the bit and put up a Non-PvP Server.

But there's a catch.

The Non-PvP server is for subscribers only. If you want to play the game without PvP, you gots to pay!!! It's really a win-win. I hate the idea of a Non-PvP server, but I like your money. And if you hate PvP but like the game, what's $9 in the grand scheme of things?

If the Non-PvP server ends up with a much lower population, I will increase the item drop rates to compensate. The main server is still 100% free to play, and both servers will receive an equal amount of love and attention. If your savefile was on the second server before this change, I've also made a copy of it on the main server so that you can continue playing there if you'd like.

PvP is still possible on the Non-PvP server, but the other player must agree to it.

Learn about what else subscribing to NEStalgia gets you.

NEStalgia Hub: http://www.byond.com/games/SilkGames/NEStalgia
Main Server (Shrenwold): byond://24.205.57.138:1633
Subscriber Only Non-PvP Server (Irmit): byond://64.120.223.162:5183
damn it, k I'll probably sub.
Gay.
btw, I'm not doing this because I am weak. <_<
Jedioh wrote:
btw, I'm not doing this because I am weak. <_<

I know. I just like to tease people who prefer PvE. :P
Hey thats me :D!!!!
ISnt it against the rules to charge people to play?
Yukay Karyuu wrote:
ISnt it against the rules to charge people to play?

silly, this isn't BYOND anime.
This is stupid. The majority of your players aren't going to subscribe. The majority of your players also are going to hate the PvP in this. I can't walk around Balzackia for two seconds without being afraid of a PvP battle. A server for subscribers only (that I'd have to make a whole new character on anyways) is completely idiotic just like the system is already. Call me a wimp, but I'd like to play the game. Call me crazy too, but I'd also like to play the game with other players. This is a system that is easy to abuse and will be abused and has been abused. This whole PvP system you've got going is what's going to ruin the game in the end.

What you've got going in the subscriber server is what should be the default in the main server. If children want to abuse the system like mad, they should have their own server for that so normal people can actually play the game on the main server.
Fugsnarf wrote:
This is stupid. The majority of your players aren't going to subscribe. The majority of your players also are going to hate the PvP in this. I can't walk around Balzackia for two seconds without being afraid of a PvP battle. A server for subscribers only (that I'd have to make a whole new character on anyways) is completely idiotic just like the system is already. Call me a wimp, but I'd like to play the game. Call me crazy too, but I'd also like to play the game with other players. This is a system that is easy to abuse and will be abused and has been abused. This whole PvP system you've got going is what's going to ruin the game in the end.

What you've got going in the subscriber server is what should be the default in the main server. If children want to abuse the system like mad, they should have their own server for that so normal people can actually play the game on the main server.

Eh, I haven't really been PK'd that much, I go to the places where other players can't see me, like if you go outside of Balzackia and go straight down, and level there, you'll be fine. But if you're on a quest, then you'll have to re-attach your testicles and take a risk. I'm not saying you don't have testicles either.
I had actually typed something up

But its easier just to say this is a stupid idea.
That's why it's stupid. I want to see and converse with other players. I also don't want to waste money on a game that may be good, but hardly deserves it. If this is the way it's always going to be, it will be the downfall of the game. The majority of people don't want to deal with this garbage. Also, the majority of people won't give you any money Silk, sorry!
Fugsnarf wrote:
That's why it's stupid. I want to see and converse with other players. I also don't want to waste money on a game that may be good, but hardly deserves it. If this is the way it's always going to be, it will be the downfall of the game. The majority of people don't want to deal with this garbage. Also, the majority of people won't give you any money Silk, sorry!

Man you people, I swear, if you guys are so fainthearted about being killed a couple of times in a game, then don't even play. The first town is rumored to be a safe haven by a couple of the players in the game, test it out. But later in the game, if you give it a try for more then fifteen seconds, you'll really come to get a kick out of the game like many other people who play the game.
I'm not staying in the first town the entire time. I like the game, and I don't want it ruined by children like you that need to attack every person they see even when the other person doesn't want to fight. It may be fun for you, but it's freaken annoying to the other person that just wants to get to the shop and buy something. And it's not just a couple of times, it's all the time.
Fugsnarf wrote:
I'm not staying in the first town the entire time. I like the game, and I don't want it ruined by children like you that need to attack every person they see even when the other person doesn't want to fight. It may be fun for you, but it's freaken annoying to the other person that just wants to get to the shop and buy something. And it's not just a couple of times, it's all the time.

Lets not get the idea that I'm a child who goes around attacking every person I see in the game. I actually don't bother a soul as I'm only soloing and minding my own business, I'm the person people usually run up to and battle out of nowhere. I understand how it is for someone to come up to you and randomly kill you, but you don't see me ragequitting or being fainthearted about going outside of the town.
If you've trained for hours just to have some kid come up to you and steal all your gold away, you're going to be angry. I'm actually more afraid of going INTO town than out of it.
Fugsnarf wrote:
If you've trained for hours just to have some kid come up to you and steal all your gold away, you're going to be angry. I'm actually more afraid of going INTO town than out of it.

Yeah, that's quite annoying, I had some dude come up to me and steal my 60g that I was going to spend on a weapon. That only encouraged me to build up my character, get the missions that I needed to do, done and get to the second time where a bank is. But I'm saying is, even getting killed by a monster makes you lose gold, but that's apart of the game, so all you need to do is get to the second town, bank and bank and bank.
Fugsnarf, you're making a fool of yourself.

This is stupid. The majority of your players aren't going to subscribe

Judging from SilkWizard's posts it seems that he's already made a decent amount of cash, and the game was only made public a few days ago.

I can't walk around Balzackia for two seconds without being afraid of a PvP battle.

Then, y'know, join up with some people for better protection. Or be smart, and bank your money, it's pretty simple. There are so many ways to avoid losing your cash. You just need to learn how to play.

server for subscribers only (that I'd have to make a whole new character on anyways) is completely idiotic just like the system is already

Read his post. All saves will be on the PvE server too.

What you've got going in the subscriber server is what should be the default in the main server. If children want to abuse the system like mad, they should have their own server for that so normal people can actually play the game on the main server

He's trying to make money, you just seem ungrateful because you can't access everything a subscriber can. Also, not only is an open PvP server pretty fun if you have the basics of the game down, he's giving the option to players to subscribe to him if they really want to avoid PvP. You can either subscribe, or learn to play the game. Baseless bitching won't get you anywhere.

KhaosParadox wrote:
Fugsnarf, you're making a fool of yourself.

This is stupid. The majority of your players aren't going to subscribe

Judging from SilkWizard's posts it seems that he's already made a decent amount of cash, and the game was only made public a few days ago.

I can't walk around Balzackia for two seconds without being afraid of a PvP battle.

Then, y'know, join up with some people for better protection. Or be smart, and bank your money, it's pretty simple. There are so many ways to avoid losing your cash. You just need to learn how to play.

server for subscribers only (that I'd have to make a whole new character on anyways) is completely idiotic just like the system is already

Read his post. All saves will be on the PvE server too.

What you've got going in the subscriber server is what should be the default in the main server. If children want to abuse the system like mad, they should have their own server for that so normal people can actually play the game on the main server

He's trying to make money, you just seem ungrateful because you can't access everything a subscriber can. Also, not only is an open PvP server pretty fun if you have the basics of the game down, he's giving the option to players to subscribe to him if they really want to avoid PvP. You can either subscribe, or learn to play the game. Baseless bitching won't get you anywhere.
Fugsnarf, you need to calm down.

It has been less than 48 hours since release. We have been working tirelessly all weekend long to provide bug and balance fixes (like the extra PvP protection that we already put in for beginners).

As much testing as we've done, there are so many things that we never could have foreseen. Every single minute that goes by we are learning more and more about how the player dynamics are working. We've got massive threads going on our hidden development boards about what we need to address: PvP in particular.

The main problem with PvP right now is that assuming they've banked their gold in preparation for ganking, there is no real risk for the attackers. We need to address this, and we may also need to bump up the Non-PvP grace period for beginning players. There is a ton of thought going into this, so please keep that in mind.

All of that said...

I can't take something away from people that they never had in the first place. People wanted a second server that was "quieter", and a select group of people also wanted a PvE server. Providing this unnecessary second server will literally cost me money, so people are going to need to pay to support it.

Contrary to what you've said, the majority of players want the game to be Open PvP. If I truly wanted to make money then I'd do as you suggest and make the PvP server the subscription-only server. But I'm not going to do that, because the PvP server is the way that the game is intended to be played.

NEStalgia costs $9. Everyone who thinks "Oh I'll show him!" by making a big show of not subscribing needs to realize that we're living in 2010, not 1910. I can barely get a decent sushi roll for $9.
Page: 1 2