ID:93711

Resolved
link() has been made seamless to online worlds.
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
When you want to send a client to another server they get an alert asking for permission to do so. I'm guessing this is for security purposes, which is understandable.

What I suggest is allowing the alert to be bypassed when connecting to another server listed in the same hub entry. If they're connecting to the game in the first place, I think it's safe to assume they're fine with connecting to another server of the same game.

There are still many other problems when sending clients between servers, but I figured this particular issue would be an easy fix. Some of the practical applications for such a feature would be: managing server capacity, in-game server listings, and cross-server matchmaking.
Provided the hub entry can be verified, that seems pretty reasonable to me. The trick is whether DS has that information at the time of the link.
Is this feature regarding link()? I thought the alert was removed?
Yes, the link() alert behavior was removed some time ago. I'll need some clarification as to where this problem is arising.
I looked into it and it looks like you shouldn't be getting alerts as long as you are sending the user to an addr:port url. Sending to a new game via a byond://author.game or file://game.dmb url will generate an alert since those could lead to server hosting.

The other possibility is that you have an outdated configuration set that is causing the prompting. That is the "query-links = 1" setting inside the cfg/seeker.txt file. If that is there, remove it and see if the problem goes away. We don't have a UI for setting that outside of the command-line, so I'm just going to eliminate this old check in 465.

Let me know if this works, or else provide a code example that is causing these alerts.
Ter13 resolved issue with message:
link() has been made seamless to online worlds.