ID:94019

BYOND Version:464
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Basic
Web Browser:Internet Explorer 8.0
Applies to:Dream Maker

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Exactly as the title states, an error message stating "Unable to write {codename}.dm". This only happens when I have put in code and code linking to an icon.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Create new .dm file named "World.dm"
2. Wrote "mob/Login() usr.Move(locate(1,1,1)) usr.icon = 'You1.dmi'
3. Created an icon of a person named "You1.dmi'
4. Created map
5. Compiled code
6. Got the error "Unable to write World.dm"

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
mob/Login()
usr.Move(locate(1,1,1))
usr.icon = 'You1.dmi'

Expected Results:

Compile as normal with the icon being "you1.dmi"

Actual Results:

The error told above.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Nearly every time.
In other games?
No.
In other user accounts?
Yes.
On other computers?
No.
When does the problem NOT occur?
Usually when I don't have any icons. Sometimes it happens even with a program without and icons, like a chatroom.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? No.

Workarounds:

Sometimes it will work if I go to a couple icon files or code files first.

mob/Login()
..()
icon = 'turfs.dmi'
loc=locate(1,1,1)

I got no errors the proper way. (only had turfs icon on hand)
A full list of the errors generated by the compilation would be helpful. I'm not sure I understand the issue here. It's also possible there could be a file permission issue involved with the operating system, so you should check to be sure any file permissions are correct.
I'm not really sure what you mean by a full list of errors. This is the only error that happens.
I am currently getting the unable to write .dm error with any file I try to save with dream maker. As this is my first time using it I am unsure if I am being stupid so could anyone experienced tell me if this is meant to happen or not.

EDIT: I seem to have fixed it by deleting the files and reinstalling them. I was using the tgstation code so if you get the cannot write .dm error with tg the delete the files and re download them
They were probably set to read-only.
Maybe the file is corrupted?
This happens to me randomly and it's pretty annoying. I usually just copy and paste everything into a new dm file. The only error I get is "unable to write .dm, " when I try and save certain files.