ID:94782

BYOND Version:465
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Internet Explorer 8
Applies to:BYOND Pager

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:BYOND(465.1067) Hub: unknown message received (14080,queue=94)

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:UNKNOWN
I noticed it after I dragged a shortcut for Steam accidentally onto the icon I use to host my game that was sitting on the desktop. This may of been a coincidence there was with error I noticed after accidentally doing that, or it maybe the cause.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:No error to show in the BYOND pager, I don't expect it to be able to host a shortcut but I don't expect to see any errors in the byond pager, only dream daemon as it can't host a shortcut.

Actual Results:I see an error in the byond pager.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?Once, so far.
In other games?N/A
In other user accounts?N/A
On other computers?N/A

When does the problem NOT occur?Not Sure

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:If it was the icon I dragged onto the host shortcut that did it, don't accidentally drag another icon onto the shortcut I use to host my game.

It sounds like something merely corrupted your connection to the hub. Without a way to reproduce this issue I'm marking it unverified.
I am willing to bet that it happens when your connection to the hub is interrupted, but your pager is still open and someone tries to send you a page or your pager tries to receive whatever message (doesn't have to be a page). I received the same error while my computer was Sleeping. When I woke it up, there the message was.
Chat also had this problem with Linux DD 472.1077 on Ubuntu (it's a Slicehost server), but I don't think it actually affected anything. It was also laced with some other BUG: statements.

BUG: Finished erasure with refcount=2 (ref=5:11) DM (:0)
BUG: Finished erasure with refcount=4 (ref=5:6) DM (:0)
BUG: Finished erasure with refcount=2 (ref=5:6) DM (:0)
BUG: Finished erasure with refcount=1 (ref=5:0) DM (:0)
BUG: Unknown message received (14080,queue=174)
BUG: Finished erasure with refcount=1 (ref=5:11) DM (:0)
BUG: Finished erasure with refcount=1 (ref=5:7) DM (:0)
BUG: Finished erasure with refcount=2 (ref=5:2) DM (:0)