ID:94951

Descriptive Problem Summary: Ok.Let's start.I had this problem with all versions of byond that I tried and it started as soon as I downloaded it.I do the usual process of opening BYOND pager putting in my username and pass and pressing "Log In".Instead of saying "Logged in as Ryugashi [public]" it sais "Logged in as Ryugashi [offline]".And it gives me the error "BYOND(467.1069) Error: failed to open server port!".I am operating on Windows XP Home and my browser is Opera.I have tried using Internet Explorer 6 too but it didn't work out.My firewall is totally disabled.I have tried this with 4 versions of BYOND including 467.First time I saw the problem though I didn't pay any attention and went on to open a game.After loading the world it gave me a gray screen saying "You must have your own BYOND key".My router is a pirelli NetGate if that helps.I don't know what to do and I really wanna play BYOND games

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem: Just opening the pager and trying to log in

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results: Pager sais "Logged in as Ryugashi [Public]" and the ability to open a world

Actual Results: Pager sais "Logged in as Ryugashi [offline]" and I am unable to open a world

Does the problem occur:

Every time? Or how often? Every time

In other games? All games since the pager shows me off

In other user accounts? I only have one which is an admin account too

On other computers? Asked a few people and it works for them

When does the problem NOT occur?
This problem always occurs

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.) I tried 4 versions of BYOND and none seemed to work

Workarounds: None

This is a firewall configuration problem, not a BYOND bug. Please visit the BYOND Help forums for more information.
Lummox JR wrote:
This is a firewall configuration problem, not a BYOND bug. Please visit the BYOND Help forums for more information.

But the firewall is totally disabled from the control pannel and I have seen that firewall tutorial.I even put BYOND on exeptions just to be sure,but this happened even before I put it in exeptions.My firewall has been closed since I downloaded BYOND

You have more than one firewall active, then. "Failed to open server port" means that something on your system has denied the pager the ability to open up a listening port. Only firewalls do that. You'll find better help on this in the BYOND Help forums.