ID:94996

So, despite my non-posting I've still been working on dungeon. Today at work i did the first graphical dabbling in a long time.

300 - Angel Thing - Base
Not very wise? Which games have the highest player bases? Oh shit... it was wise.

Thanks for sharing your opinion on wings.

Don't tell me what's "wiser". Thank yew. Side note: I'm going for a cartoony aesthetic, due to the fact that I'm dealing with pixel art on a 32x32 grid and don't have the time to dedicate to a hobby of mine to create professional caliber graphics.

You're not forgiven, and the black dithering will most likely be changed.

Note the words "dabbeling"

Have fun with your FF clone! (How original!)
I'm not defensive, I just like vehemently attacking anyone who rants on my page.

And my counter; Teridal.

And I know, I don't. However, I also know how to program so could adjust accordingly. I just don't feel like dedicating the exponential time increase that goes along with making icons larger.

They had a professional design team?

I'm a fucking actor, you think I care about my indie games more than a hobby? Lulz.

and Touche' good sir!

http://files.byondhome.com/MrTophat/isobase3.png

That's my riposte
It's a year or two old, and more proportional than your base :)

Side notes:

my counter was to show that games only need semi-decent graphics to succeed on BYOND. A caliber near to what I produce in bulk.

"Chrono Trigger's development team included three designers that Square dubbed the "Dream Team", consisting of Hironobu Sakaguchi, creator of the Final Fantasy series, and Yuuji Horii and Akira Toriyama—two freelance designers known for their work on Enix's Dragon Quest series, and Toriyama being a popular anime creator. Kazuhiko Aoki produced the game.[3] Masato Kato wrote most of the plot, while composer Yasunori Mitsuda scored most of the game before falling ill and deferring remaining tracks to Final Fantasy composer Nobuo Uematsu.[4][5]"

edit: and to cancel your inevitable rebuttal Indie - "The term: Short for independent rock. In terms of music it would be independent of major labels/mainstream stuff. " Squaresoft = Mainstream

yeah, chrono trigger was indie my ass.

I never said i didn't care, i said i cared as much as you should about a hobby. People can talk about things they're not hellbent on perfecting.

The amount of players is probably one of the lesser factors in determining whether or not a game is successful.
It's one of the top RPGs in BYOND.
Neblim wrote:
Mr.Tophat wrote:
It's a year or two old, and more proportional than your base :)

I don't use a base...I also never said my artwork was better in any of this. If anything, I said not to follow my artwork as an example because I'm fully aware my skills aren't professional.

Lulz.

Sandlight wrote:
The amount of players is probably one of the lesser factors in determining whether or not a game is successful.

I'm gonna go ahead and disagree. Especially if the game in question is an MMO; success is directly correlated by playerbase. At least in an economic sense. Personal gain is pointless in a world fixated around an economy. Plus, if no one plays your game, and it's supposed to be online and multiplayer it's definitely not a success. Playerbase, for MMOs is extremely important.

Neblim wrote: True, but it's definitely not the game of the year either. If it was successful at the slightest, it probably would have advertised itself. It's been here for quite awhile and it still has a low amount of people playing it.

Barring NEStalgia, I think it's the most highly populated RPG... so umm.... what?
I do agree that certain games such as MMORPGs need players. However, a game with a larger amount of players such as Naruto GOA cannot be considered any more or less successful than a game with a smaller amount of players such as Teridal.
There are many factors to take into account such as BYOND's playerbase with biased preferences of certain types of games.
GOA is more successful than Teridal, exactly because it has more players. Now whether it is better than Teridal, that's a different question.
Mr.Tophat put on his offensive helm. ;o