ID:95067

BYOND Version:467
Operating System:Windows XP Home
Web Browser:
Applies to:Dream Maker

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
I tried to create an EXE for a school project, but it does not seem to do anything when tested.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Create folder "test" on desktop
2. Unzip latest "portable" version of BYOND to "test"
3. Compile included code
4. Make EXE (command: file://test.dmb##guest)
4. Copy "test.dmb" (no .rsc) and "test.exe"
5. Run "test.exe" in "desktop/test"

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
test.dme
..>test.dm
mob
Login()
..()
src << "Hello, if you can read this, this computer can play BYOND Games."

Expected Results:
Open a window with the text "Hello, if you can read this, this computer can play BYOND Games."

Actual Results:
Nothing.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.
In other games? Not tested.
In other user accounts? Yes.
On other computers? Yes.

When does the problem NOT occur?
Never.

Workarounds:
None known to me.
One question.
Does it work if you try to run it, say, a second time? If so, I've marked that issue once before, but it hasn't gotten much notice.
Try removing the "file://" from the command, and just use "test.dmb##guest".

I remember a while ago using "file://" would make the execution fail, and I'm not sure if it's been fixed or not.
I ran a test on this myself but I'm not seeing any problems. With my test project this works just as expected.
I've ran into this problem multiple times.

Using file:// seems to be be picky about whether or not the pager is running. With file:// alone you may not have the pager running when launching the game. Once the game is launched it'll open the pager on its own.

If you have ##guest in there it will run into the same problems if the pager is already open, but if it isn't the game will launch on its own without the pager.

file:// aught to be tweaked in order to take any presently running pagers into account when booting up games.