ID:958086

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Were it mentioned within the documentation of BYOND that mob.group only allows adding other mobs to it, you'd have saved me a lot of head scratching and torment the other day.
"This is a list of mobs in the same group. By default, a mob will swap positions with another mob in its group if bumped. It is also possible to make verbs that are accessible only to members of the group."

:)
In response to Nadrew
Yeah, I guess that would be the right way to interpret "this is a list of mobs," as opposed to my own (incorrect) assumption that they had simply not accounted for other atom types when they wrote that. So it's possible there's a bit of rewording that can be done there to explicitly state that it only accepts mobs.

The really insidious thing about it is that it doesn't give you an error or anything if you attempt to add a non-mob to a mob.group, it just simply isn't there. Thus, the head scratching and torment.

Of course, my goal was fancy verb manipulation via the src in usr.group method. Had I pulled it off, it'd have been slightly easier than verb arithmetic.