ID:95900

Descriptive Problem Summary:
When I try to run a game of a source from me. Like for instance I made a game that I compiled, and whenever I press CTRL+R (to run it) or click on the *.dmb file itself, it will load up Firefox, asking me if I want to download that *.dmb file to open it. But when I download it and open it again, it will call up for another Firefox tab and ask me if I want to download it again, and that repeats itself, leaving me not able to "play" the game to test it.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1) CTRL+K (compile) in Dream Maker.
2) CTRL+R (run) in Dream Maker.
3) Firefox will open, and asks me if I want to download the specified *.dmb file
4) Dream Seeker will not pop up, instead, it will make a "call" to Firefox tabs each time.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
None.

Expected Results:
To let me run. So that firefox won't open and that Dream Seeker would fire right up with the game I want it to run.

Actual Results:
Firefox will open instead of Dream Seeker.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time. Disabling BYOND app in taskbar and restarting it does not work.
In other games? Yes, other source code of games give me the same problem.
In other user accounts? Only have one, it is my computer.
On other computers? Yes, it occurs on a laptop with Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and on a PC with Windows Vista x86 Ultimate.

When does the problem NOT occur?
Don't know. It happens alot.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
Did not try this yet, but will ASAP.

EDIT: I tried the 468 that was already on the download page and I tried 460, but both gave me the same results.

Workarounds:
None figured yet.
Your file associations have been hosed. Reinstalling BYOND should fix the problem.
Lummox JR wrote:
Your file associations have been hosed. Reinstalling BYOND should fix the problem.

Nope, it doesn't fix by reinstalling it.
I tried removing BYOND first, then reinstall 467 again, didn't work.
Then I tried 468 that was already on the download site, didn't work either, then I tried 460 and that didn't work either.

I hope I don't have to reinstall Firefox (due to the ammount of plug ins and add ons - can't be arsed to get them all again). But if I have to, you tell me, lol.
I tried deleting BYOND completely.
1) Uninstall.
2) Delete all BYOND folders.
3) Delete every register (regedit Windows 7) rule that consists of BYOND.

It did not work. This is damn annoying as I can't test out the game.
The resgistry section in question would be where the .dmb file type is defined. That's where your system is confused about which app to launch, and if it got hosed by something it might not have uninstalled properly.