ID:96063

Redundant
Applies to:Dream Maker

This feature has already been implemented, or is already achievable with existing methods.
First off, I would like to see the "Move Forward" and "Move Backward" skin editor commands as quick-buttons on the "Layout Controls" panel thing.

Second, when trying to calculate the position of an existing window element, winset() and the "pos" param doesn't account for the title bar's height.

Ex;
winset(src, "ScreenText", "pos=\"[winget(src, "MainWindow.Map", "pos")]\"")

ScreenText being a separate Window and MainWindow.Map being the map element.
It will adjust the position to match up with the map, but for interfaces with a Title Bar it doesn't move the ScreenText window where it's preferred to be at. What happens is the Title Bar is acting like it doesn't exist, but it does.
I suppose that's the best way I can explain it.
So, I'm hoping the winget() with "pos" can figure out the height of the Title Bar or a separate proc altogether for this.
If not, I can work around this and remove the title bar. I just figured it would be nice and allows for more accurate positioning.
Pos doesn't account for the titlebar's height because the position of a control inside the window is in interior coords, not exterior.
I realize that, but grabbing the position of one window, and moving another window to that position doesn't match up accurately if there is a title bar. Pretty much the title bar is acted as though it doesn't exist.

Yes, this is expected behavior. The window position is in exterior coords. The control position is in interior coords.
I would imagine something along the lines of:

The ability to lock a window to the exact preference of the user, using params most likely.

Something like:

appearance = direction(ex; south, north, southeast) or x% and y%.
width = consistent or free
height = consistent or free
lock = ID of window element

"consistent" - keeps attributes of the window element specified in lock.
"free" - freely moves around with normal behavior of a window element.
"lock" - if not supplied a window element ID, everything is defaulted. Otherwise, the params like width, height and appearance would be what is supplied.
"appearance" - more along the lines of the X and Y coords, not exterior, but interior to the "lock"'d window.

is possible and somewhat handy to developers.

What about my suggestion for Move Forward and Move Backward quick-buttons on the Layout Controls panel?

" First off, I would like to see the "Move Forward" and "Move Backward" skin editor commands as quick-buttons on the "Layout Controls" panel thing."

Is this part being discussed or looked into, at the least?
Please be patient.. there are dozens of feature requests. We do read each and every one and try to get to them as we can, but bug fixes take precedent. Your first suggestion should be pretty easy; the other will probably require extra notation.
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:
" First off, I would like to see the "Move Forward" and "Move Backward" skin editor commands as quick-buttons on the "Layout Controls" panel thing."

Is this part being discussed or looked into, at the least?

You mean the two buttons that already do exactly what you asked? Yep they're there.
Nadrew wrote:
You mean the two buttons that already do exactly what you asked? Yep they're there.

They didn't exist in 474.1079 nor any previous versions. Haven't updated to 475 yet but I didn't see it in the update log.

They don't exist on the Layout Control panel.

Been there as long as I can remember.
Nadrew wrote:

Been there as long as I can remember.

Wow, that is probably the least obvious control on there, I've looked for that thing for 2 or so years straight o-o

Masschaos100 wrote:
Wow, that is probably the least obvious control on there, I've looked for that thing for 2 or so years straight o-o

I don't remember BYOND 4.0 being out ~2 years. I don't know why but my previous version of Dream Maker didn't include the two buttons. I'm suspecting my video card since I've been having problems seeing some buttons on certain windows and in any animated clip such as flash/java any "movable" objects appear to have white (and sometimes light-blue) boxes behind them.
Removed my GPU and demoted back to integrated GPU and updated BYOND and now they are visible.

Sorry for the... commotion.

Could use move to front/back options. Instead of having to spam click the move forward/backward ones over 9,000 times. Or maybe a list with all the controls in it where they can be dragged and dropped into whatever order.
Ter13 resolved issue (Redundant)