ID:96341

I use a Netgear Wireless USB Adapter (WG111v2) to use the internet, and it has always worked fine. Now... when I play any game, for example.. Warcraft III. I lose connection, unless I minimize the game for a few seconds. This happens even when compiling a project at times, or even streaming a large movie online. On games I'm not always playing them online.. I could be playing single player and it still happens. I have searched, but the answers are about changing the wireless channel. I doubt that is the problem, since the channel I'm on has been the same for a year now. Any ideas what could be causing this? My friend said it could be my power supply, but that is only a year and a half old. Grrr... if I can fix this, I'll be able to do stuff again.
I have some interesting problems with my Netgear wireless router. It's not quite as big of a problem as you seem to be getting, but often my computer won't be able to connect to the router. I find that if I go to the router, unplug it, then replug it back it, it reconnects and runs fine for an extended period of time. I actually haven't had any problems in awhile now.
Try going into task manager and either lowering the priority of your game or raising it on your network adapter drivers. It sounds like the drivers are poorly designed and heavy system loads are preventing it from doing its job.
Fugsnarf wrote:
I have some interesting problems with my Netgear wireless router. It's not quite as big of a problem as you seem to be getting, but often my computer won't be able to connect to the router. I find that if I go to the router, unplug it, then replug it back it, it reconnects and runs fine for an extended period of time. I actually haven't had any problems in awhile now.

i had the same problem when i was using a netgear router.
Danial.Beta wrote:
Try going into task manager and either lowering the priority of your game or raising it on your network adapter drivers. It sounds like the drivers are poorly designed and heavy system loads are preventing it from doing its job.

I see. Would that still apply if it was working fine a month ago? I could play a game for as long as possible without problems. I'll give it a try though.
Airjoe wrote:
Are people using the microwave or cordless phone at the precise time you're playing video games?

Funny comic, but the difference between my problem and that problem... is it happens on offline PC games as well.
Is it possible for you to run an Ethernet connection? If so, do it.
Allen14 wrote:
Is it possible for you to run an Ethernet connection? If so, do it.

I done that too, now the only time I lose connection is when my dad is resetting the router.

This would be a great solution to your problem.
I figure though if you are using wifi you are probably a good distance away. and cables 50ft-100ft tend to get a bit pricey in stores. Online however is a different story.