ID:96447

Hey guys, haven't made a post lately.. Thought it may be time to do so, eh?

Yesterday out of absolutely pure boredom, I decided to try my hand at a arcade-style shoot'em up. I took ideas from arcade classics like Galaga, and Space Invaders (and even some of their sounds? Heh) and threw it all together into something that I think can kill five minutes of your day. It's not a masterpiece of programming, in fact-- it's probably got 100,000 bugs in it that I never cared to figure out. In any-case, I'll probably be making more of these single player shooters.

For my next little project, I am going to be making a type of Counter-Strike for BYOND. It will probably steal ideas from the Call of Duty series as well. We'll see how it turns out once I begin programming it. Anyways, that's all for now-- until I post again BYONDers!
Turmoil

Names and links in blog posts tend to be beneficial even if they can be found somewhere on the page. =)

I suggest getting rid of the window's menu and status bar. Unless something appears in the black portions of the map, the window could stand to be less wide as well. Some form of help file or demo might also be nice.

BTW, my score doesn't appear to have been listed. I don't know if it matters, but what I did was play a game, press space to get back to the title screen and then exit. I don't know if it was the game or just a network burp.
ACWraith wrote:
Turmoil

Names and links in blog posts tend to be beneficial even if they can be found somewhere on the page. =)

I suggest getting rid of the window's menu and status bar. Unless something appears in the black portions of the map, the window could stand to be less wide as well. Some form of help file or demo might also be nice.

BTW, my score doesn't appear to have been listed. I don't know if it matters, but what I did was play a game, press space to get back to the title screen and then exit. I don't know if it was the game or just a network burp.

Thanks for the reply, ACWraith. I'll work these changes into the game, as I had already contemplated changing the window design, but decided against it due to well, laziness. Still working on understanding everything about interface design as well, so this might be beneficial to toy around with. Anyways, about the score-saving, I believe I located the problem and it's been patched up. Thanks.