ID:96674

Not Feasible
Applies to:Dream Daemon

Implementing this feature is not possible now or in the foreseeable future
After a few months of hosting a game who's owner has been gone for the past few years(without leaving a source) There are a few new automatic features that I think that I (and others)would find very useful, as is followed

1) forming "groups" of keys that are multikeying (similar to that of the sticky ban function, only without the banning)

2) a form of afk kicking, that ejects players after being inactive for a time set by the host (If you can do this, please do not have the game delete the player, instead, a function similar to the dream daemon's kick option)

3) A host set login message ( I had made a feature submission a while back, but had no response)

4)World chat logging system. Not completely sure how this should work, although it would be nice to just have a log of all the whispers, says, and world says, perhaps just the world says would be the only thing possible. Maybe the way you could do this is to create a invisible entity that records everything it hears into a .txt file.

These are all features that could have been coded into the game itself. But, in cases like mine, where the creator hasn't been around for years, these would all be pretty useful. I don't know how difficult it may be to add some of these in, but it would be nice to seem them in the near future.

Thanks,
Higoten
A chat logging system would basically be impossible. You'd have to log the outputs to all users, which would get pretty excessive. That's the kind of thing that belongs in the game's soft code for sure.
I remember making a feature request for the first sometime and somewhere a while back, so support would be nice on that, too. I also think a login message would be nice, something like a MOTD for games set by the host.
Although, 2/3 could all be done in the games code, they'd still be nice for the situation you mentioned (hosting old games without the ability to modify it).
What DT explained in his post about multikeying grouping is exactly what I was thinking.

As for the chat logging, I wasn't completely sure how that could or couldn't be done, But I figured that it wouldn't hurt to ask
I think 1 and 2 are good suggestions
I love these ideals, except the Chat Log( like Lummox stated) mostly because Higoten and me have older games in mind. Games that aren't updated anymore but still have players. Games that the programmer/owner isn't going to code something like this and the hosts usually become tired of the limitations that should be easily obtained via Dream Daemon.
Ter13 resolved issue (Not Feasible)